Connolly to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
yeh but he needed directions to find it

The goal is to MDV, what the G-Spot is to most men! He's heard of it, but damned if he knows where it is!

Damn I knew I'd ruin it:icon_lol:

Wait wait...I said 'most' men. That obviously excludes me LOL

how do we no yorkie is in to men???

no offence to you yorkie

DurhamFox said:

Those quotes are taken from the interview Levein did with Radio Leicester right after the Crewe draw, he was just responding to what the reporter (Jon Barber?) asked. I very much doubt RL were told to ask those questions as a part of some Mace-esqe scheme to make us think Elivs is better than Connolly.

SilverFox said:
He has scored eight International goals though, with only something like 20 appearances.

9 goals in 40 appearances.

I am sorry but how does accepting a low fee for a player save the club money for next year?

My guess is if wigan get down to connoly on the list they will be reasonably depserate at that stage and if we were to tell them say 2.5mill we could probably work to middle ground of 2mill or something.

Anyone know if he has got a sell on clause on his contract, so if we sell him part of the money goes to the club he was at before?

DurhamFox said:
I see Sheff Utd have agreed a £1m fee with Preston for Cresswell. How many feckin strikers do they want?? Should never have sold the boy IMO.

Not this one, he's decided to go to Leeds. That's over £3mill they've spent this summer. Considering they're still in loads of debt this aint on. Summat fishy is goin on.

CL will only be parting with connelly if he can get enough money to get a better player, which he will allready hbave lined up.

Fear not, CL is here

They now have Hulse,Blake,Healy,Cresswell and Ricketts vying for the Striker(s) position..

highland fox said:
They now have Hulse,Blake,Healy,Cresswell and Ricketts vying for the Striker(s) position..

nearly as many as Real Madrid!!

The way leeds are spending the money they dont have that wont take long!

I suspect bates is funding the bulk part of the purchases or at least been a garantor for loans, they are doing another gamble again that will be sour if they dont get promoted.

bluefox said:
Douglas Bader- WW2 Hero who lost both his legs during the Battle of Britian. Ie this story has no legs

Along the same lines any story that may have a 'half truth' attached to it is known as a 'Heather McCartney'.

is it a fox? said:
Not this one, he's decided to go to Leeds. That's over £3mill they've spent this summer. Considering they're still in loads of debt this aint on. Summat fishy is goin on.

The Hammers are supposed to be in for a £2m raid for Healy, so that maybe why they splashed out on Cresswell (and pocketed £1m change)

DurhamFox said:
Morning Joseph, how are you on this splendid day?

Bloody marvellous Luke, bloody marvellous, and you?

highland fox said:
Along the same lines any story that may have a 'half truth' attached to it is known as a 'Heather McCartney'.

:icon_eek::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: near the knuckle hf :icon_lol:

step said:
CL will only be parting with connelly if he can get enough money to get a better player, which he will allready hbave lined up.

Fear not, CL is here

Sorry to be cynical again but history suggests otherwise.

In the unlikely (but possible) event that Wigan resort to buying Connelly - it will be the board/accountants/ bankers who decide what if anything can be spent -not CL. Managers rarely run football clubs.

Our record on replacing 'key' players is not outstanding.....e.g. Ade for Heskey; Jones for Lennon - we gravitate towards spending modestly to replace 'expensive' sales.

Nothing unusual about the above....but it's not likely that a better play would be brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669