Connolly to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazzer said:
:icon_eek::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: near the knuckle hf :icon_lol:

She'd never 'sue' though Lazzer,I'm only stating a fact.In a Court of Law she wouldn't have a leg to stand on..........well just the one maybe.

Redditch Fox said:
Sorry to be cynical again but history suggests otherwise.

In the unlikely (but possible) event that Wigan resort to buying Connelly - it will be the board/accountants/ bankers who decide what if anything can be spent -not CL. Managers rarely run football clubs.

Our record on replacing 'key' players is not outstanding.....e.g. Ade for Heskey; Jones for Lennon - we gravitate towards spending modestly to replace 'expensive' sales.

Nothing unusual about the above....but it's not likely that a better play would be brought in.
That was Peter Taylor replacing Martin O'Neil players though.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: thats terrible hf :icon_lol:

I'm sure she would say the same if the boot was on the other foot...which is unlikely..

Redditch Fox said:
Sorry to be cynical again but history suggests otherwise.

In the unlikely (but possible) event that Wigan resort to buying Connelly - it will be the board/accountants/ bankers who decide what if anything can be spent -not CL. Managers rarely run football clubs.

Our record on replacing 'key' players is not outstanding.....e.g. Ade for Heskey; Jones for Lennon - we gravitate towards spending modestly to replace 'expensive' sales.

Nothing unusual about the above....but it's not likely that a better play would be brought in.

CL has done very well replacing players, though one might say that was not difficult to do, but Connolly at this level would be very hard to replace. ;)

highland fox said:
I'm sure she would say the same if the boot was on the other foot...which is unlikely..

i think your pretty much out on a limb there hf

lazzer said:
think of the money she saves nicking from outside shoe shops

Thats hardly fair lazzer..YV sorted her 'thieving issue' out months ago,she is still barred from Marks & Spencers though....Quite why she wanted a pair of Y Fronts is beyond me though.

Steven said:
CL has done very well replacing players, though one might say that was not difficult to do, but Connolly at this level would be very hard to replace. ;)

Yes, he has - essentially he has brought in motivated players to replace a group of individuals, some of whom were taking the p..s out of the Leicester public - I refer to the likes of Gillespie who made little or no effort until his contract was runing out and he needed to put himself in the shop window to fund his no doubt expensive lifestyle.

However, CL has not found it easy to bring in an effective striker - because we all know that they are a scarce and therefore expensive commodity.

I have never rated Connelly that much.....but he is undoubtedly a genuine striker and has a striker's fast reflexes in the box. He has his confidence back now and is likely to score goals - as you say he would be very hard to replace.

As I mentioned before - I do think that talking up Hammond is unwise. I read that one Mercury expert thinks that pace is all important - lets bring a greyhound in then. Hammond, might just might, develop - but I've seen one dimensional players before and it rarely works.

highland fox said:
Thats hardly fair lazzer..YV sorted her 'thieving issue' out months ago,she is still barred from Marks & Spencers though....Quite why she wanted a pair of Y Fronts is beyond me though.

she used get her kecks from C&A so she knew which way round they went :icon_lol:

Last edited:
DurhamFox said:
Talksport reporting us having accepted a £1.5m bid for Connolly from Wigan.

Posted this on another forum. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670