Connolly to Wigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkshire Vixen said:
not registered and cant be arsed to do so what does it say :icon_lol:

;)

Boss Praise For Elvis

Craig Levein believes it is only a matter if time before Elvis Hammond opens his Leicester City account.

It seems as if Connolly could be way below the standard Wigan are looking at. According to the Daily Mirror today, Dave Whelan is apparently going to try and sign Michael Owen! :lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
not sid owen then :icon_lol:

They have more chance of signing Biaaaanca.

Ok sorry I was wrong I thought he had played at the top level. With the recent history of us selling players, the club tends to crumble when it comes to fee negotiations. We shouldnt sell him for less then 2.5mill to a premiership club but he would probably go for 1mill-1.5mill.

He has scored eight International goals though, with only something like 20 appearances. I think he could make the step up, he would need service though. He's the type of player who thrives on good service...he won't make much for himself

Chrysalis said:
Ok sorry I was wrong I thought he had played at the top level. With the recent history of us selling players, the club tends to crumble when it comes to fee negotiations. We shouldnt sell him for less then 2.5mill to a premiership club but he would probably go for 1mill-1.5mill.

With the exception of Heskey we never seem to get decent trasfer fees at this bloody club.

Look at Adam Virgo the guy who went from brighton to celtic for over a bloody million!!! Plus Sheff Utd turned down 3/4million for Jagielka.

Connolly should be valued at 2m MINIMUM!!!!!

Chrysalis said:
. We shouldnt sell him for less then 2.5mill to a premiership club but he would probably go for 1mill-1.5mill.

If Wigan think he could do a job and if Leicester are offered £1m - he will be sold. He would get a year's higher profile. Wigan will be relegated - they have all the credentials - its started with unlucky single goal defeats, next they will have next to no wins by November and then onto the long slide. But it would give his career a boost.

Undoubtedly, he has been very effective over the last part of 2004/05 and the start of this season - but he doesn't look to me like a premiership striker, although he is obviously the best we have.

I would have thought that the club is already minded that promotion this
season is almost certainly beyond reach ( I am talking about depth of the squad and a defence that looks much more vulnerable than I thought would be the case) and is preparing its ground for further financial cutbacks - particularly as it appears that attendences are going to fall below the budgeted levels plus of course the impending end of the parachoute monies. I say this because whereas fans can dream that somehow a pattern of average results will radically improve - the board has the responsibility to work on probabilities.

A final point - re Hammond. I think it's absolutely brilliant and really funny that the club should start to talk up a 24 year old 'striker' who has not scored a single goal in English football. Bury looks like an opportunity for a vindication of this marketing strategy. A grey day has been cheered up.

Redditch Fox said:
If Wigan think he could do a job and if Leicester are offered £1m - he will be sold. He would get a year's higher profile. Wigan will be relegated - they have all the credentials - its started with unlucky single goal defeats, next they will have next to no wins by November and then onto the long slide. But it would give his career a boost.

Undoubtedly, he has been very effective over the last part of 2004/05 and the start of this season - but he doesn't look to me like a premiership striker, although he is obviously the best we have.

I would have thought that the club is already minded that promotion this
season is almost certainly beyond reach ( I am talking about depth of the squad and a defence that looks much more vulnerable than I thought would be the case) and is preparing its ground for further financial cutbacks - particularly as it appears that attendences are going to fall below the budgeted levels plus of course the impending end of the parachoute monies. I say this because whereas fans can dream that somehow a pattern of average results will radically improve - the board has the responsibility to work on probabilities.

A final point - re Hammond. I think it's absolutely brilliant and really funny that the club should start to talk up a 24 year old 'striker' who has not scored a single goal in English football. Bury looks like an opportunity for a vindication of this marketing strategy. A grey day has been cheered up.

The club set it's stall out at the start of season that they are expecting promotion this season, I doubt it's changed it's mind after 4 games....

Reported on Sky Sports news that Wigan have been told Rob Earnshaw isn't for sale. Looks like they are working their way down their list.

Granite Fox said:
Didn't Ellington want to go?

If Riordan is available I would expect CL to go for him and the club bank £500k or so change.

I would prefer DC to stay (if there is any truth in the rumour), but we will have to trust CL's judgement.

Ellington had a get out clause in his contract. So if a club offered £3M he could go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566