Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of Ph.D students. Doesn't mean they are scientists, as the article implied, some are who I would not respectfully ask advice from - extremely knowledgeable within their field but almost incapable of doing up their shoelaces. Next time I want medical advice I don't think personally I would go to an astronomer.
And nobody will ask you to.

So to summerise today's update, we'll loan money to businesses to keep afloat.

Basically, they are using this crisis to try and make money.

Rather than just give it away? Are you aware of the interest rate, repayment terms and so forth?

It’s really easy to criticise everything isn’t it? Perhaps they should allow any struggling businesses to just close down?

I'm no fan at all of Boris and his cronies, but Sunak was actually very good today. Clear and concise and covered lots of the immediate issues. I'd hope to see some support for sole traders in the coming days but so far it's hard to expect more from him.

I'm no fan at all of Boris and his cronies, but Sunak was actually very good today. Clear and concise and covered lots of the immediate issues. I'd hope to see some support for sole traders in the coming days but so far it's hard to expect more from him.

Agreed totally. He was really good. He's brand new at this and is being launched into the most difficult of circumstances.

Rather than just give it away? Are you aware of the interest rate, repayment terms and so forth?

It’s really easy to criticise everything isn’t it? Perhaps they should allow any struggling businesses to just close down?

The Government can't afford to give away that money which is why it has to be a loan. I'm sure it'll be interest fee or very low and be able to he paid back over a long term.

In Argentina they're trying to balance shutting everything down and not ruining an already fragile economy.

New president Fernandez is clamping down on ridiculous price increases in medical and necessary goods. I guess that's the one good thing about being in a near-communist country at the moment though I'm sure they'll be plenty bad.

Sunak is a great speaker but if they want to really get on top of this, they need to secure people's finances either directly or indirectly through support for business and guarantees that people will not be financially implicated through loss of wages.

Being put on to SSP is as good as losing your job so for huge numbers of people who live pay day to pay day, they literally cannot afford to lose £1 of their income.

People in this situation will just cary on working unless they have serious symptoms which will then spread the infection, eventually getting to one or many who will require intensive care or worse. This will then overload the already stretched NHS.

Other countries have moved already to cover finances etc and we are still way off war time spending in terms of GDP.

Anyway, nipped in Asda again on the way home from work and the bog roll aisle has now been filled with Easter Eggs.

Tonight, I'm having to wipe my arse with an Easter Egg.

Anyway, nipped in Asda again on the way home from work and the bog roll aisle has now been filled with Easter Eggs.

Tonight, I'm having to wipe my arse with an Easter Egg.
There's people on here who would be pleased to clean that up for you.

But he was getting involved in medical matters himself or am I missing something here. I will happily take his advice on when the next lunar eclipse is, anything else no thanks.
You're missing something. I can't be bothered to explain it all again. You believe everything you are told by the the few British scientists the government has asked for advice, while many of us would rather look at a bigger picture and use either our own knowlwdge and experiences or take note of many other experts from around the globe who vehemently disagree with our policy.

Let's not argue about it any more, it seems wholly wrong.

Yes, let's not fall out over this as we are all in it together and ultimately want the same, just have different opinions on how it should be dealt with.

Hopefully with the action being taken, we will be back to 'normal' in months and then we can go back to falling out over Ben Chilwell again.

Ahh the good old days.

Yes, let's not fall out over this as we are all in it together and ultimately want the same, just have different opinions on how it should be dealt with.

Hopefully with the action being taken, we will be back to 'normal' in months and then we can go back to falling out over Ben Chilwell again.

Ahh the good old days.

Sorry...

...you ****

I'd just like to say that, during the coming few months, I'm going to need you bastards to keep me sane. I know I can be (am?!) a cantankerous bastard and that I could start an argument in a room on my own but when we shut up shop for however long it will be, I think I might need this micro-community to instil some much needed humour into the proceedings. Let's try not to fall out about the whys, wherefores, what have yous when it comes to this horrible illness but instead try to find common ground. You know, stuff like; Steven's a ****, Dusty Bin, shitting in cars, Monster Munch plugged into TVs, Joe_Fox's betting system, Superscout's list - all that classy, high brow stuff we normally discuss.

Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69