Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know whether this should go in this thread or one in the footie forum.

When the US announced a travel ban from Europe last week I was a bit pissed off 'cos we had a holiday planned in Portugal in May. It was somewhat tempered by the fact that it turned out that US citizens (my wife) and legal residents (me) could still travel to the US from Europe. After a day or so it became pretty obvious that we wouldn't be going anywhere in May. Then within the past couple of days air travel between the two continents has been pretty much shut down.

This got me thinking, I wonder what Christian Fuchs situation is. His wife and family are in the US but unless he has a Green Card he won't be able to get in but once here he might not be able to get back again. It is a pretty shitty position to be in.

I'd just like to say that, during the coming few months, I'm going to need you bastards to keep me sane. I know I can be (am?!) a cantankerous bastard and that I could start an argument in a room on my own but when we shut up shop for however long it will be, I think I might need this micro-community to instil some much needed humour into the proceedings. Let's try not to fall out about the whys, wherefores, what have yous when it comes to this horrible illness but instead try to find common ground. You know, stuff like; Steven's a ****, Dusty Bin, shitting in cars, Monster Munch plugged into TVs, Joe_Fox's betting system, Superscout's list - all that classy, high brow stuff we normally discuss.

Stay safe.

It's going to be hard - there's nothing to bet on! Might have to livestream some coin tossing. Would that do it for you?

It's going to be hard - there's nothing to bet on! Might have to livestream some coin tossing. Would that do it for you?
To avoid losing our marbles, we could start betting on them.

To avoid losing our marbles, we could start betting on them.

Just like the real thing; lost interest when England got knocked out. Please let me know who won in due course.

I was genuinely quite excited during the final - really though the Swiss were going to win it. Great contest. Probably more enjoyable than Euro 2012.

Can you get corned beef?

Managed to get tuna, spaghetti, passata, brown rice, some chicken and whey protein. Frozen broccoli and sweetcorn tins. I'm set. Didn't panic buy but just bought enough to have some food for a while. The best thing about this country is that everything is made here so nothing needs importing. Stock Is being replenished but it's more a case of getting the goods up the supply chain.

Managed to get tuna, spaghetti, passata, brown rice, some chicken and whey protein. Frozen broccoli and sweetcorn tins. I'm set. Didn't panic buy but just bought enough to have some food for a while. The best thing about this country is that everything is made here so nothing needs importing. Stock Is being replenished but it's more a case of getting the goods up the supply chain.

I realise this sounds like a dodgy meal but I weight train so it's pretty much all I need!

I know that he has been touted as a fool sometimes and I'm not usually a big fan of conspiracies but this isn't one of those "the truth behind" bullshit videos. And yes he talks a lot and spouts some crap, but if you get a chance to watch the following then please do. A lot of it makes sense and at the very least you might learn something you didn't know. When he talks about a new economic system, cashless society, global currency, etc it makes total sense. If you watch, please watch until the end.

Oh and he's one of our own.

I know that he has been touted as a fool sometimes and I'm not usually a big fan of conspiracies but this isn't one of those "the truth behind" bullshit videos. And yes he talks a lot and spouts some crap, but if you get a chance to watch the following then please do. A lot of it makes sense and at the very least you might learn something you didn't know. When he talks about a new economic system, cashless society, global currency, etc it makes total sense. If you watch, please watch until the end.

Oh and he's one of our own.

I believe I will meet you in the middle and watch none of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00