Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The curve (number of cases confirmed) for the UK (and most places to be honest) is very similar to that of Italy. If patterns remain the same, and we take a 25% day on day rise, the numbers get out of hand pretty quickly.

Today 5000
Tomorrow 6250
In a week's time 23841

Scary numbers, and that's just at a basic constant rate rise. Won't be far off these numbers though.

The curve (number of cases confirmed) for the UK (and most places to be honest) is very similar to that of Italy. If patterns remain the same, and we take a 25% day on day rise, the numbers get out of hand pretty quickly.

Today 5000
Tomorrow 6250
In a week's time 23841

Scary numbers, and that's just at a basic constant rate rise. Won't be far off these numbers though.
Is this the betting thread?

Is this the betting thread?

I don't think it's appropriate to bet on, or make competition of, death. I've never been a fan of the Death Thread and have steered clear of that one.

Listened to that earlier. Unfortunately, the very people who need to listen to it, won’t do so.

Listened to that earlier. Unfortunately, the very people who need to listen to it, won’t do so.
Who should listen to it? Surely everyone should, but who specifically do you mean?

Who should listen to it? Surely everyone should, but who specifically do you mean?
People who don’t understand the message that is already there. It’s pretty obvious what we should be doing, but some people seem ignorant to the dangers of it (see Bondi Beach, for an example from your neck of the woods).

The average listener for LBC is your right wing, brexiteer, nut job who will bang on about EU dictatorship and an EU army who coincidentally, will probably be the exact people who are ignoring the advice and continuing to go down the local Dock & Duck to discuss how we can punish China for the Kung Flu.

It's another Murdoch owned propaganda machine full of presenters like Nick Ferrari, Ian Dale & Farage who are just Tory apologists and/or general ****s who won't allow anyone to bad mouth the current government even with sound arguments when it was blindingly obvious we were/are doing too little with regards to this.

Saddly, the majority of the above listeners would have missed the above as they would have been too busy driving the Mrs and kids to every Iceland, B&M and Home Bargains to have a scrap over who can buy the most toilet roll.

I listened to it, then listened to it again. And I'll point people to it now as it might hit a certain note, especially with the youth, who from what I've seen are doing literally **** all different to what they usually do. Twats (generally). Wish the wankers on Bondi Beach flouting the advice had got caught in a rip tide then bitten by a shark, stung by a jellyfish, then chewed up by a croc (to ensure that there was no point in the going to hospital and draining resources).

Here's a thought, if you go out and flout the advice about social distancing, you get tagged with a chip that when decoded reads "I flouted the advice so please put me to the very very back of the line of people waiting for medical assistance, and keep moving me back as more people join the queue".

Good idea?

Saddly, the majority of the above listeners would have missed the above as they would have been too busy driving the Mrs and kids to every Iceland, B&M and Home Bargains to have a scrap over who can buy the most toilet roll.

Does my nut this. When I've had to pop to the shops it's like doing shopping on your own is impossible for many. Families of 5 doing a shop? Who the **** chooses to take their kids to aldi when mam or dad can stay at home with them anyway.

Does my nut this. When I've had to pop to the shops it's like doing shopping on your own is impossible for many. Families of 5 doing a shop? Who the **** chooses to take their kids to aldi when mam or dad can stay at home with them anyway.
Mental

To allow key services to continue?
Yes my point is that key services has been left so open they're ending up with far too many kids still at school. The school have had parents claiming they are a key worker because they work in recruitment for the LA. That's not essential but falls under LA workers. Part time doctors surgery receptionists are using the service full time because they can as NHS. It's been so poorly thought out and left to heads to be the gatekeepers against angry and selfish parents.

What’s wrong with people?

I really don't know.

I can sort-of-almost-kind-of get my head around some of the bulk buying (as irresponsible as it is) because people do worry about not being able to feed the family etc. I can partly understand the motivation, but they need to listen to the reassurances of plentiful supplies as much as be reprimanded. So I'm not going to be too severe with my criticisms, I'll just frown a bit.

But people defying the requests not to meet in number (be it pubs, restaurants or green spaces) that does seem to me to be downright wilful ignorance motivated by nothing more than selfishness. The advice couldn't be more clear yet some seem to think it doesn't apply to them.

Btw, I write this from locked down France where you need a bit of paper every single time you leave your property. And yet, a small number of people still seem to think they are above such a clear cut directive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669