Coventry - 23rd Feb 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that adults fare or kids fare? :icon_wink

But surely it doesnt matter either way City Fan - If you happen to be an adult, you can just con them by saying you are 15 and 3 quarters...:023:

Bus station is right next to the Sainsburys at the bottom of town.

And also my mistake the buses are £3.

Or the top of the town if you are looking at it on a map.
:icon_wink

Boc, Flude

What are your travel arrangements for this game?

I'm contemplating catching a train or bus from Leam...

No real point in catching the train and getting dumped on the wrong side of the city centre for the bus to the ground. Jump on a bus and it will take you straight into Pool Meadow.

Whats coventry city centre like i heard it was a bit of bomb site

That's no more funny now than it would have been in 1945.

Whats coventry city centre like i heard it was a bit of bomb site

Not very nice - it's a collection of concrete 50's buildings and a 1990 re-lift. You'd last half of a hour and you've seen it. However, Gosford Street near the Uni is probably the nice part with the Whittle Arches, Cathedral and Council House all nearby but it's still not very nice. Two of which superbly survived the war, some decent restuarants in the surrounding street aswell. Straight in, straight out jobbie.

The London Branch will be beering before the game at The Whitefriars Olde Ale House, 114-115 Gosford Street, CV1 5DL.
Map, etc., @ www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/45/4554/Whitefriars_Olde_Ale_House/Cov

Ahh it's a shithole IMHO....where all the oddbods from Uni go to drink. :icon_bigg

Not very nice - it's a collection of concrete 50's buildings and a 1990 re-lift. You'd last half of a hour and you've seen it. However, Gosford Street near the Uni is probably the nice part with the Whittle Arches, Cathedral and Council House all nearby but it's still not very nice. Two of which superbly survived the war, some decent restuarants in the surrounding street aswell. Straight in, straight out jobbie.

Ahh it's a shithole IMHO....where all the oddbods from Uni go to drink. :icon_bigg

I suspect RS will be quite at home there then :)

Backed up by the lastest review :icon_bigg

"not impressed at all. went a few years ago and had decent atmosphere and beer was good. now its got too many yobs and kids around and the place was dirty, woman behind the bar gave me attitude when I mentioned that my glass was dirty? from Ithink about 8 hand piulls on the bar there were only 2 beers available

Last edited:

"not impressed at all. went a few years ago and had decent atmosphere and beer was good. now its got too many yobs and kids around and the place was dirty, woman behind the bar gave me attitude when I mentioned that my glass was dirty? from Ithink about 8 hand piulls on the bar there were only 2 beers available

is there an echo on here?

Last edited by a moderator:

not impressed at all. went a few years ago and had decent atmosphere and beer was good. now its got too many yobs and kids around and the place was dirty, woman behind the bar gave me attitude when I mentioned that my glass was dirty? from Ithink about 8 hand piulls on the bar there were only 2 beers available "

only on here

Im going along with the little lady now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669