Coventry - 23rd Feb 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone received their tickets yet? I ordered mine on Friday by phone, still havent arrived, emailed them today to ask where they were and got a "they were dispatched on friday" message. Do they normally take long to arrive?

Anyone received their tickets yet? I ordered mine on Friday by phone, still havent arrived, emailed them today to ask where they were and got a "they were dispatched on friday" message. Do they normally take long to arrive?

I believe we share a postman and if it is that little **** rich he has probably signed for them himself and half inched them. Bloody pikey.

Boc, Flude

What are your travel arrangements for this game?

I'm contemplating catching a train or bus from Leam...

I will be catching the train from Leam every 11 mins past to Cov, then takes a 10 min walk to the City Centre where i will stop off a a few different pubs with a mate or two. There is also the 12 and X17 buses from Leam, Outside Viallis and Outside Tesco's (top of town) which take 40 mins to Pool Meadow.

Looking to get to Cov around 12ish.:icon_wink

Feck off ! copy and pasting an error is nowhere near on a par with not spotting Mainland Uk ..uk ..uk fecm me there IS an echo in here :045:

hey, gimme a break, thats the only site that uses the phrase "mainland UK" , every where else its uk, or england, bloody backwards site

No real point in catching the train and getting dumped on the wrong side of the city centre for the bus to the ground. Jump on a bus and it will take you straight into Pool Meadow.

Thanks Boc, So you recommend a bus from Leam to Pool Meadow and then change to the football special shuttle bus to the Ricoh?

Last edited:
I will be catching the train from Leam every 11 mins past to Cov, then takes a 10 min walk to the City Centre where i will stop off a a few different pubs with a mate or two. There is also the 12 and X17 buses from Leam, Outside Viallis and Outside Tesco's (top of town) which take 40 mins to Pool Meadow.

Looking to get to Cov around 12ish.:icon_wink

Ok, you'll be catching the shutlle bus to the ground from Pool Meadow?

Thanks Boc, So you recommend a bus from Leam to Pool Meadow and then change to the football special shuttle bus to the Ricoh?

I'm not recommending anything - I'm just telling you what I would do. The train will get from Leamington to Coventry more quickly than the bus but by the time you add the walking time between the railway and bus stations in Cov, there won't be much in it (particularly if you don't know exactly where you are going). Added to that the bus runs twice an hour, the train only once.

I seem to recall the bus service is provided by Travel West Midlands - route 12 - every half hour - takes just over an hour from Leamington Parade/Chuch to Coventry Pool Meadow.

I'm not recommending anything - I'm just telling you what I would do. The train will get from Leamington to Coventry more quickly than the bus but by the time you add the walking time between the railway and bus stations in Cov, there won't be much in it (particularly if you don't know exactly where you are going). Added to that the bus runs twice an hour, the train only once.

I seem to recall the bus service is provided by Travel West Midlands - route 12 - every half hour - takes just over an hour from Leamington Parade/Chuch to Coventry Pool Meadow.

Bob a ten minute train from Leam to Cov and a ten minute walk is 20-25 mins.

The bus to Pool Meadow is 50mins.

Train then the bus to the ground would be ideal i think:icon_wink

Bob a ten minute train from Leam to Cov and a ten minute walk is 20-25 mins.

The bus to Pool Meadow is 50mins.

Train then the bus to the ground would be ideal i think:icon_wink

Aye - but miss your train by a single minute and you've added 59 minutes to your journey time. And that also leaves you with the problem of getting past the police cordon on the exit to the railway station - a cordon which may make sure that your journey is straight to the ground without any stops at places of your own choosing.

And please let me know when you intend to make this 10 minute walk of yours from the railway station to the bus station - I really want to see it. Over ¾ mile through a busy city centre in 10 minutes is going to take some doing - can I suggest laying off the fags for a week or so before you try it might be a good idea?

What would ideal would be a taxi from home to turnstile, stopping off as desired - but I was not talking about the ideal - I was talking about what I would do - and over that kind of distance, I would prefer the convenience of a quarter-hourly bus service over an hourly train service.

(And thank you for reminding me about the quicker and more frequent Stagecoach service, rather than the TWM service that I quoted earlier}

And please let me know when you intend to make this 10 minute walk of yours from the railway station to the bus station - I really want to see it. Over ¾ mile through a busy city centre in 10 minutes is going to take some doing - can I suggest laying off the fags for a week or so before you try it might be a good idea?

It's hard work. I have tried it! With Cov's blasted ring road, the term public walkway is rather loose. I suggest tho if young Fludie gets lost, he heads for the Building with the strange looking roof (looks like a load of airing fans to me) - the same design of which is on top of one of the DMU's building in Leicester. Failing that follow the signs for the cathedral, there is a public footpath along the Cathedral's front which goes from the Uni to Pool Meadow.

It's hard work. I have tried it! With Cov's blasted ring road, the term public walkway is rather loose. I suggest tho if young Fludie gets lost, he heads for the Building with the strange looking roof (looks like a load of airing fans to me) - the same design of which is on top of one of the DMU's building in Leicester. Failing that follow the signs for the cathedral, there is a public footpath along the Cathedral's front which goes from the Uni to Pool Meadow.

I am sure that Fludie already knows the route. I am equally sure he can't walk it in 10 minutes. Have you ever seen him walk?

Last edited:
Have you ever seen him walk?

No but I have seen him chopping away at a fag post-match, no doubt he'll feel that when it comes to a hill to walk.

I also wouldn't enjoy the walk past such drinking establishments as a Wetherspoons and Lloyds with a Leicester City shirt on. Esp. as a rascal of a teenager as Fludie is.

Last edited:
Ive seen him around in that shirt....

konar2.jpg

I am sure that Fludie already knows the route. I am equally sure he can't walk it in 10 minutes. Have you ever seen him walk?

I saw him walking down the platform at Glasgow Central,his strides were at half mast and he resembled one of the hair bear bunch.

Aye - but miss your train by a single minute and you've added 59 minutes to your journey time. And that also leaves you with the problem of getting past the police cordon on the exit to the railway station - a cordon which may make sure that your journey is straight to the ground without any stops at places of your own choosing.

What would ideal would be a taxi from home to turnstile, stopping off as desired - but I was not talking about the ideal - I was talking about what I would do - and over that kind of distance, I would prefer the convenience of a quarter-hourly bus service over an hourly train service.

(And thank you for reminding me about the quicker and more frequent Stagecoach service, rather than the TWM service that I quoted earlier}

But if you cover up your shirt there will be no problem. It does only take 10-15 mins to walk through the centre to the bus station. Done it many times before. Are you going Bob?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670