Craig Mackail-Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact you have put question marks against each of those statements highlights the fact that you have no idea if they are fact or assumption.

Isn't that the case with the majority of posts on here though as no1 here is privy to what is actually going on within the club.

The fact that only a few have been completed so far would indicate that transfers are not going as smoothly as originally hoped!Now I'm not saying panic time at all before someone replies with its July!!!

Last edited:
Brighton showing some ambition. We could have a new big player in this division. Very exciting if you ask me. Which you didn't.

Yes - Brighton are building up to be serious contenders in this division. Held back by their ground situation previously they will now be going into the Championship as a winning team from last season with big backing and potentially big support.

Isn't that the case with the majority of posts on here though as no1 here is privy to what is actually going on within the club.

The fact that only a few have been completed so far would indicate that transfers are not going as smoothly as originally hoped!Now I'm not saying panic time at all before someone replies with its July!!!

As smoothly as you hoped, or the club? The club may not have anticipated completing many signings by now so would be in the position they planned for. Don't forget, some players that we may be after won't be able to move until their parent club signs a replacement, holding everything up.

Brighton? That is odd! West Ham, Leicester, Norwich, QPR in for him and he goes Brighton?

I personally am not bothered, I think £3m is well over the odds for a 27 year old striker who has only done well in League 1, particularly when we let a younger player with similar pedigree go for less than half that. The worry now though is, if CMS isn't coming in, who the **** is? IMO we still need to strengthen the defence and attack with a few more players.

Brighton? That is odd! West Ham, Leicester, Norwich, QPR in for him and he goes Brighton?

I personally am not bothered, I think £3m is well over the odds for a 27 year old striker who has only done well in League 1, particularly when we let a younger player with similar pedigree go for less than half that. The worry now though is, if CMS isn't coming in, who the **** is? IMO we still need to strengthen the defence and attack with a few more players.

I'm not worried in the slightest, would you like to know why? Because its only.....

****ing........

JULY!!!

:001:

Last edited:

No it isn't. It isn't a worry at all. I would advise you go sit down to get over this panic attack.

but we've got Waghorn and howard with schlupp to come in every now and again, why's everyone getting all worried??

Because we've got Waghorn and howard with schlupp to come in every now and again​, but I think that's what you were suggesting.

As smoothly as you hoped, or the club? The club may not have anticipated completing many signings by now so would be in the position they planned for. Don't forget, some players that we may be after won't be able to move until their parent club signs a replacement, holding everything up.

The club, like every club will try and get the vast majority or at least the core members of the squad together for the start of pre-season.

Can't recall the exact quote but Sven said at the end of last season he wanted to tie up deals for the loan players asap and none of them have materialised as of yet. I'm fully aware there is still quite a bit of time before the season starts but it would appear our transfers aren't going as well as sven had hoped for.

Last edited:
The club, like every club will try and get the vast majority or at least the core members of the squad together for the start of pre-season.

Can't recall the exact quote but Sven said at the end of last season he wanted to tie up deals for the loan players asap and none of them have materialised as of yet. I'm fully aware there is still quite a bit of time before the season starts but it would appear our transfers aren't going as well as sven had hoped for.

Well maybe its not been possible to sort the deals sooner.

If he had said he wanted all the deals done by the 1st July, then yes, we would be behind schedule, but as it was ASAP, that means whenever all parties are in a position to do a deal.

Friends of mine from Bourne are very surprised at his attention, an above average player in an average side is how they described him to me.
£3 million they we laughing their socks off, never seem him play so I would'nt know

Precisely, you want as much time for the new players to 'gel' in as possible. It's not just the time either, but the fact that all the suitable targets are being looked at by plenty of other clubs. In an ideal world you would obviously have your team sorted asap. It's just part and parcel of the transfer window but it's still a worry!

As in life in general, some people are more comfortable being a big fish in a small pond instead of vice versa. Maybe ambition isn't his main drive. Money certainly isn't.

In his shoes, I'd have stayed at Posh for another year instead of going to Brighton.

Precisely, you want as much time for the new players to 'gel' in as possible. It's not just the time either, but the fact that all the suitable targets are being looked at by plenty of other clubs. In an ideal world you would obviously have your team sorted asap. It's just part and parcel of the transfer window but it's still a worry!

I wish I had your life, if you worry about matters such as this you really must have nothing important to be bothered with and hence have a very easy time of it. I envy you I really do.

As in life in general, some people are more comfortable being a big fish in a small pond instead of vice versa. Maybe ambition isn't his main drive. Money certainly isn't.

In his shoes, I'd have stayed at Posh for another year instead of going to Brighton.

How do you know this?:102:

I wish I had your life, if you worry about matters such as this you really must have nothing important to be bothered with and hence have a very easy time of it. I envy you I really do.

What are you on about? I obviously don't worry about our transfer targets in the same way I'd worry if I had cancer or was falling beind on my mortgage payments etc! :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669