Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
:icon_bigg
That's the spirit boc!!

I do appreciate your difficulties but as a resident of a small town of no more than 4,000 inhabitants, I also know of the difficulties that are created when you have a 6,000-employee industry dumped right on your doorstep. It should never have been allowed to expand in the way it has and I won't shed a tear when Pfizer finally ****s off to whatever place will next be willing to give them huge financial incentives to develop there.

I know people who will be involved in this round of redundancies which will take employee numbers on the site well below the 2,000 mark. They have known that this was coming for a long time and have made plans for it. Many of them have delayed career moves, knowing that they can be better off by taking the redundancy and then making the move.

For the rest of us, it means that we will be able to travel about normally without the huge tailbacks that are caused by thousands of cars following the same route into their two car-park entrances. The sooner the lot goes, the better. Yes, it will have some negative effects locally, but at least locals will be able to afford local housing and not have to compete with the sky-high salary earners that this giant has imported to the area.

Pfizer sold up a lot of plants in France some time ago.

The Credit crunch is also a good excuse for a lot of the fatter companies to slim down and get rid of some waste.

The Credit crunch is also a good excuse for a lot of the fatter companies to slim down and get rid of some waste.

If only BG would take the same opportunity........

looks like homebase/argos are having problems - could possibly be getting rid of 350 jobs

I would imagine a good few people who thought their jobs were safe a few months back are now realising that this isn't the case and this is going to hit all areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00