Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any school support staff who earn as much as 10 grand a year. I must be doing something wrong :icon_conf

I suspect you are MG, everyone in my office is on more than that (and I'm low paid for what I do).

my mrs is an htla and she's only just over 10k

That's why I put speech marks around it - full time = 25 hours per week.

38 weeks a year.

So that equates to about 1/2 time (950 hrs) (full time being 52 wks @37 hrs = 1920).

So that would put you on a full time equivalent of just under £20k (working on roughly 10k for the job you're applying for).

What's the point of doing that? I go on what I'm actually paid :102:

because salaries are based on a per annum basis so everyone knows where they are. They tend not to take in to account the fact that some people only work a portion of the working year.

Shares in the high street lender - one of the few not to have asked the Government for more capital - ended down 32 to 98p. Shares in rivals were also hit, with Royal Bank of Scotland sliding 13pc to 34.7p, Lloyds TSB 5pc to 98.4p and HSBC 2pc to 535p.

The final hour marked a dramatic reversal of the day's earlier trading which had seen Barclays' shares up 5pc and RBS 9.5pc on hopes governments on both sides of the Atlantic will provide more capital to the battered sector.

Bank shares have suffered their worst week since last autumn. RBS is down 35pc on the week, Lloyds TSB 25pc, HSBC 15pc and Standard Chartered 11pc. Falling financial stocks weighed on the wider FTSE 100, which ended the day up 0.6pc at 4147 thanks to a strong performace by mining stocks.

more....

because salaries are based on a per annum basis so everyone knows where they are. They tend not to take in to account the fact that some people only work a portion of the working year.

Excellent. I now feel much happier knowing my real salary is almost 18k p.a.

Should I inform my personal advisor at JCP of this revelation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00