Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said a bit earlier in the thread, got married a couple of weeks ago and completely brassic.. gutted to miss it.

I'm in West Dulwich now, so even closer to Palace.

Well beleive a fellow Londoner when i tell you we were okay today and the signs are we will get better.

I'm sure when the mad lads get home later they will tell you that we were next to useless, but by that time they'd have had 12 stellas on Midland mainline so may be slightly bias in their opinion.

good to hear we were ok, sounds like midfield had a few efforts on goal, which is a difference from last year.
DJ Campbell off the mark. Kisnorbo back to goalscoring ways. and more to come for sure.
bring on Forest, Watford, with Kaebi, Ferriera etc provding the amo, for Hume, Campbell, DeVries and whoever else is pulling on the shirt.

I didn't realise DJ got the final toe end on our first goal. To be honest other than that i was a bit disappointed with our 2 mil man. He didn't seem to click with either strike partner or the midfield and must of been given off side at least 10 times.

But he did look busy and seem's to have a bit of pace about him so i'll give him the benefit. It's all about goals i suppose any way.

I didn't realise DJ got the final toe end on our first goal. To be honest other than that i was a bit disappointed with our 2 mil man. He didn't seem to click with either strike partner or the midfield and must of been given off side at least 10 times.

But he did look busy and seem's to have a bit of pace about him so i'll give him the benefit. It's all about goals i suppose any way.
Any sign to suggest that DJ may have something that can be worked on and he will develop to suit his price tag?

Any sign to suggest that DJ may have something that can be worked on and he will develop to suit his price tag?

He looked fast and likes to hang on the shoulder of his defender. I suppose he would say that if the midfield were micro seconds quicker with releasing the ball he'd have been through on goal a few times.

I think it's probably down to being a new team. And until MA decides what his best 11 are that "understanding" is going to be a little short.

He looked fast and likes to hang on the shoulder of his defender. I suppose he would say that if the midfield were micro seconds quicker with releasing the ball he'd have been through on goal a few times.

I think it's probably down to being a new team. And until MA decides what his best 11 are that "understanding" is going to be a little short.
Is it possible for him to play alongside MDV, difficult to tell from the radio but there didn't seem to be anything to suggest it.

I know lots of people were screaming that the striker situation was sorted before the season started and were pleading for MM to look for other positions instead, but I'm not so sure we do.

He didn't link with MDV at all, he was always to far away from him and never seemed to run beyond him. I would say that owed more to DJ's lack of awareness rather than MDV's.

We moved it up quickly to MDV's feet or chest but he was always limited in who he could lay it off to. What we needed was DJ to run of his shoulder and get some knock downs or flicks.

I'm thinking DJ may be a little of an Owen type. Often on the fringes, but pops up with a goal every now and then.

Went to the game today, first time I've seen us this season. First half was pretty poor, didn't make their keeper work at all. De Vries lacks any aggression and rightly substituted at half time. Sheehan we out of his depth, Newton on the ball at lot but produces nothing, never takes his man on.

Second half much better, Porter made a huge difference on the left, always looking to take his man on and put in several decent crosses. By the end with Chambers and Hume on as well we had a much stronger looking outfit. Strikers still look lightweight though and Hume and Campbell both like to dive.

Positives were that Clemence bossed the midfield, the new keeper looks like Peder Cech which is very reassuring, Clarke a solid left back and Kisnorbo a monster in both boxes.

Draw a fair result.

Went to the game today, first time I've seen us this season. First half was pretty poor, didn't make their keeper work at all. De Vries lacks any aggression and rightly substituted at half time. Sheehan we out of his depth, Newton on the ball at lot but produces nothing, never takes his man on.

Second half much better, Porter made a huge difference on the left, always looking to take his man on and put in several decent crosses. By the end with Chambers and Hume on as well we had a much stronger looking outfit. Strikers still look lightweight though and Hume and Campbell both like to dive.

Positives were that Clemence bossed the midfield, the new keeper looks like Peder Cech which is very reassuring, Clarke a solid left back and Kisnorbo a monster in both boxes.

Draw a fair result.

Glad to hear that. If we get it right in the middle then i believe its only a matter of time before the goals go in.

Nice assessment UF:)

I must have been sat next to some more optimistic fans as didn't hear any booing - the odd groan mind!!!

Good, glad to see this forum isn't representive of fans at the game.

If this is directed at the comments I made earlier let me make it perfectly clear.

1. I'm really pleased that the team is showing signs of improvement.
2. I honestly believe that it will take around 10 games before MA has worked out his first choice 11 and they start to gel.
3. That doesn't mean that I have to be happy when once again we have lost points in the dying moments of a game!
4. It doesn't mean that because I'm not jumping up and down like some happy clapper Jesus freak that I don't support the team. I have supported this team for almost 47 years and will continue to cheer them when they deserve it and criticise them when they need it.

I'm going to chill now with a bottle of wine. :039:

There is definitely a period of settling in needed, in the first half today we won a corner on the left and everyone stood around wondering who was going to take it!.

It's ALL about results.

An away draw at Palace? That'll do for me. Probably our best result there in many years.

One point out of two games? Now that won't do! IMO our major problem is still the same one - being beaten at home 1-0 by really shit teams. Fix that and we'll be OK.

If this is directed at the comments I made earlier let me make it perfectly clear.

1. I'm really pleased that the team is showing signs of improvement.
2. I honestly believe that it will take around 10 games before MA has worked out his first choice 11 and they start to gel.
3. That doesn't mean that I have to be happy when once again we have lost points in the dying moments of a game!
4. It doesn't mean that because I'm not jumping up and down like some happy clapper Jesus freak that I don't support the team. I have supported this team for almost 47 years and will continue to cheer them when they deserve it and criticise them when they need it.

I'm going to chill now with a bottle of wine. :039:

My problem isn't with people not being happy... it's with people who are all doom and gloom.

My problem isn't with people not being happy... it's with people who are all doom and gloom.

Who???
Just who are you talking about? Can you please show me all this doom & gloom that you are referring to because I'm ignorant of it.

:102:

Wine is just getting me pissed not chilled.

Where are all these doom and gloom merchants? The people posting on this thread are just gripeing about our long held inability to close out games when we are in front. Nobody's suggesting we are going to be relegated, nobody's calling for the head of the manager, nobody has said "sack the board", nobody has called for wholesale changes to the team. What exactly are you on about??? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00