Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's ubelievable is that you don't think a player that was signed by spurs for £11m and now plays for a top 6 la liga side is better than Yuki Abe.
that's unbelievable. I think if you asked 10 people 9 would say that Zokora was the better player.
Not exactly a controversial point.
It's not a criticism of Abe (who i think has done a good job) to say that another player is better than him!

9/10 might say 'Who the feck is Zakora?
Abe has done an amazing job not just a good job.

I was dubious about the Yak coming. Best years behind him, high wages creating envy in the team, prima donna will not fit in etc. In just a few games he has completely dispelled all my concerns and he looks like an amazing signing by Sven.

Zakora may be better than Abe on paper, but will he fit in with our current team and style of play? Our current midfield three I would argue is the best in this division and is probably better than some of the weaker Prem teams.

Roman Bednar may well be a very good striker but he did not fit in and succeed here, possibly for several reasons.

Abe's only slight problem for me is that he sometimes gets caught in possession, but that is getting rarer so I'm not overly concerned.

If we had started the season with this squad and the current management team I have no doubt that we'd be challenging for a top two spot. As it is I think we will struggle to reach the play offs.

But if we manage to keep hold of at least a couple of the loanees, and add three or four new names in the summer, there is really no reason why we shouldn't be looking to win the league next season.It's a great shame that we've been so handicapped by our poor start to the season. The current lot would have half a chance of staying up in the Premier League, let alone of winning promotion.

Well, it's a bit to much to ask to win the Premier League, but hey ho everyone has dreams:icon_wink

Sven played Zakora centre back with Toure all through the world cup... No point comparing with Abe because if we signed Zakora ( fat chance ) then he would replace hobbs

Drop Abe - I am shocked! The guy is a revelation. He covers so much ground. His distribution is consistently superb. His touch in tight spaces is great. Aerially he competes well. The only minor criticism that I could point at him is that occasionally he is out muscled but I think this part of his game is improving. He does a job that gets him little limelight but he is absolutely crucial for our team to function. Drop Abe and we would win far less second ball. We would attack with less fluidity, since he is so often the instigator of our attacking moves. He is class! Well done Yuki! :038:

Also, abe's quality of pass is excellent. Almost always on the floor. Straight to the player. He may play it simple but he plays it well.

ABE = Promotion. If we were in the Prem the pundits would be loving him! Andy Gray (RIP Promotionally) would have a field day making a video of all the work he puts in. It wouldnt be long before Liverpool were chasing him and Sven was saying he is worth £46million

:102:

Sven played Zakora centre back with Toure all through the world cup... No point comparing with Abe because if we signed Zakora ( fat chance ) then he would replace hobbs

Who is this Zakora that you write of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69