Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, as a fan of 20 years iv never heard anything racist at a Leicester games.

Except when we sang "your just a town full of hills!" at Sheffield fans, and their response was...

"Your just a town full of Pak*s"

you don't get to many games then. Only on Saturday Millwall chanted "Leicester Taliban".

For the record, as a fan of 20 years iv never heard anything racist at a Leicester games.

Except when we sang "your just a town full of hills!" at Sheffield fans, and their response was...

"Your just a town full of Pak*s"
Heard that numerous times. I also once heard, quite loudly, at the Walkers:
"Who's that black c*** over there? is it Sinclair?"
"No, it's Impey."
"Oh, they all look the f***ing same anyway."

At Coventry away last season, two lads in their early 20s, wearing Leicester shirts, were sitting right in front of me and my mate, who is what we now ambiguously call 'mixed race' (Jamaican grandad if it makes any difference). These two lads spent a lot of the game shouting 'coon', 'wog', 'nigger' or 'spear chucker' every time Clinton Morrison touched the ball. Until somebody had enough and punched one of them in the back of the head.

TBH whilst Davies would undoubtedly be a great addition till the end of the season, I'm not too gutted by this. We all know that Vitor has done a good job when he has played, and if Hobbs found his form again, then both would be more than good enough partners for Bamba.

I think I am the only one who thought Davies looked shite towards the end, no better than Hobbs currently is anyway.

I think I am the only one who thought Davies looked shite towards the end, no better than Hobbs currently is anyway.

Not at all, very average for someone who got quite close to the England set-up a few years ago. I agree with the fact that I don't think he is much better than Hobbs. He started off looking a class above in his first few games, then fell into nothing above average. :102:

Had that three times alone at away games this season. Appears wit is dying out.

A Hull fan wore a Bin Laden mask when we were there, (I assume) along the same lines but a little more creative. "where's your Taleban" was the chant.

I may be mistaken and it may have been completely unrelated...

You should have heard what my Grandad called Yakubu- it was Hakalu or something like that :icon_bigg

My grandad used to call the former England cricketer Trescothick - 'Lesckopick' (Les-scop-pick).

Not questioning anyone's intelligence here, but couldn't decide how it was best spelt, so sounded it out.

That means you missed the golden years of racial abuse (70s & 80s) Every game you were guaranteed torrents of retarded comments & songs directed at black players from both sets of fans.Gorilla noises,banana references,songs referencing the fecking Ku Klux Klan.Everything imaginable.

Be glad you missed it.

will davies prefer a relegation battle with brum or a promotion battle with city

Good point Kane, the conversation between him and his agent would be interesting i think weighing up the potential we have and the players we are bringing in, having a world class manager while Mcleish is teetering on the brink and struggling to get the players he has targetted. I can't imagine the Brum fans will be too keen either taking a player who is not wanted by close rivals in a similarly precarious position. An interesting situation, if you are reading this Curtis, i know where i would rather be.:icon_wink

At Coventry away last season, two lads in their early 20s, wearing Leicester shirts, were sitting right in front of me and my mate, who is what we now ambiguously call 'mixed race' (Jamaican grandad if it makes any difference). These two lads spent a lot of the game shouting 'coon', 'wog', 'nigger' or 'spear chucker' every time Clinton Morrison touched the ball. Until somebody had enough and punched one of them in the back of the head.

When Newcastle last played at the Walkers, Norbert Solano came to take a corner for them.

A sub-human, sat next to me and my two friends, shouted "F**k off you black c**t".

I stood up and shouted at the stewards to come and throw the guy out which they did.

For the rest of the game we got threatening looks from his Neandertal mates sat a few seats along on the next row down. They spent more time texting on their phones than watching the game and we thought we would get a kicking outside afterwards.

On the way out I was thanked by most people as we were all sick of the continuous, mindless and drunken abuse from this idiot. His brother and his mates just murmured aggressively about me being 'out of order' for getting him expelled.

My friends wanted to relocate after that and the club moved us to a different part of the ground. The club told me they banned him for 3 games. We've never renewed our season tickets since then.

My whole point in this is - don't remain silent. Report it to a steward and get the club to take action.

A Hull fan wore a Bin Laden mask when we were there, (I assume) along the same lines but a little more creative. "where's your Taleban" was the chant.

I may be mistaken and it may have been completely unrelated...

I remember shortly after the Hull game some comments from Hull fans about Leicester being a racist club and the ethnic make up of our away support. Whilst i am not blind to the fact that there are elements of this in every club, including our own i could not help but feel incensed by this from a city where racist bigotry and ignorance is rife. This in a city where anyone with a different coloured skin is broadly placed in the category of 'Kosovan'. I am proud that our support, at home at least is, representative of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69