Curtis Davies to come back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanStringerBBC

Curtis Davies to #lcfc doesn't look good folks and I'll have some news on a player leaving on loan in a while. Will keep you updated. 5 minutes ago via ÃœberTwitter

I assume that player leaving on loan is Waghorn.

Unsurprised by this all really. We were always his last choice, and clearly once word got out about the deal Birmingham made a last minute swoop

i wonder what Mark Bright will say about Leicester if we sign Davies and Van Aanholt. Didn't he say something stupid like Leicester as a clubhad an institutional racism issue a while back - i might be wrong? Doesn't look like we do to me...

I remember being incensed by that at the time.His accusation was that he was the subject of racist chanting & comments from the home support.
I was a Pen 2/3 regular at that time & I never heard a thing.There was PLENTY of loudly voiced criticism of Mark Bright but none of it was racial.All of it however was richly deserved as he was largely ineffective & mostly rubbish.
Racism is a terrible thing...but so is being falsely accused of it.Especially when its done purely to cover your own inadequacies.
Plus its hardly very Christian behaviour is it Mr God botherer Bright?

I remember being incensed by that at the time.His accusation was that he was the subject of racist chanting & comments from the home support.
I was a Pen 2/3 regular at that time & I never heard a thing.There was PLENTY of loudly voiced criticism of Mark Bright but none of it was racial.All of it however was richly deserved as he was largely ineffective & mostly rubbish.
Racism is a terrible thing...but so is being falsely accused of it.Especially when its done purely to cover your own inadequacies.
Sounds pretty Christian to me.

This is what he said about it in 1998:

"From my schoolboy football, 20 years ago, through to my non-League days at Leek Town, racial abuse was always part of the package. "Black bastard", "nigger", "wog", "coon" - I've heard them all at some stage. While playing for Leicester City in the early Eighties I had to endure racial barracking from a section of my own fans. It reached the stage when I didn't want my brother and sisters to come to the games because I didn't want them to have to sit and listen to the abuse.

During the early stages of my career I had to endure it because I was in the minority and it wasn't the done thing to kick up a fuss or go to the newspapers. Other pros told me it was part of the game.

Well, it certainly isn't part of the game any more. Indeed I can't remember the last time I was racially abused on the field."

Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Granted.But if it was prevalent enough for him to be hearing it from the field I'd think it'd also be noticeable for me.Most of the criticism of badly performing players (& certainly the loudest) came from the pens behind the Kop end goal & I remember a lot being directed at Mark...but as I say,none of it racial.I did hear plenty of disgusting racial abuse during roughly the 79-90 period (I'm sure everyone remembers the forms it took so no need to dredge it up here) emanating from said pens so I find it unusual that I somehow missed the stuff Mark referred to.

"Feck off you useless ****" & similar were very audible.

Maybe there might have been a group doing it in one of the stands but I'd have thought if it was so noticable as to have him stop his family attending games it'd have come from the Kop,easily the most vocal section of the crowd.Even if they didnt start it they would most certainly have picked it up.& I would certainly have noticed as it was always one of the things that ruined football for me at that time (along with 5 pence pieces bouncing off my head during the match,being gobbed at & losing to Forest)

Curtis is cup-tied so if he does go to Brum he won't play if they get to the League Cup final tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69