Speculation Danns to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some reasonable squad depth but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if Danns left permanently at some point. I certainly wouldn't want to see him join Leeds on loan at this stage of the season but clearly the club are making a huge effort to shift some high-earners off the wage bill.

His performances have done little to suggest he warrants a place in the first team but if it's him or Wellens there's only one choice. Neither are good enough going forward but for now we need players who are proven in this division and he's one of them. Not yet for me - but he's got to show us something this year.

Last edited:
insert dried-fruit pun

Awful move if Wellens gets anywhere near the first team. Danns is in a completely different class to Wellens; he shouldn't go.

I am bewildered by this treatment of Danns tbh. He was one of the only players to offer a consistently good level of performance last season, he scores goals and is a bigger danger on the ball than other central players we currently have.

Would actually be fooking fuming to see us loan him to a total rival, it would be a shambolic move for us.

I like Danns but if there's one thing he didn't offer last season it was a consistently good level of performance. He was great at times last season, especially in the lead up to his red card towards the end of the season, but he was also bloody awful at times especially under SGE.

Anyone who thinks he was consistent last season must have a very short memory and can only remember his last 5 or 6 games of the season. Most fans would've been happy to see the back of him last Christmas.

Last edited:
Not fussed either way too be honest, certainly provides energy but often lacks end product, he is very rash, often over commiting and diving into unnecessary tackles and IMO can be a headless chicken.

Nowhere near the best and certainly nowhere near the worst player to ever pull on the blue shirt ....in fact bang average just about sums him up for me, and you have to ask does his talent and contribution justify his salary, because he will be another on very good money.

Not fussed either way too be honest, certainly provides energy but often lacks end product, he is very rash, often over commiting and diving into unnecessary tackles and IMO can be a headless chicken.

Nowhere near the best and certainly nowhere near the worst player to ever pull on the blue shirt ....in fact bang average just about sums him up for me, and you have to ask does his talent and contribution justify his salary, because he will be another on very good money.

I agree. I think he is a long way behind both King and Drinkwater. He has a good engine and is committed in the tackle but I think he is the type of player that is only good when playing instinctively.

Looks like Danns is being tested tonight according to the OS with Zak Whitbread and Richie Wellens likely also to feature against Leeds in the under 21 game.
£3 to get in to watch tonight which is about the same they charged at Filbert Street all those years ago for those Family Fun nights.

Last edited:
Not sure there is a great deal of difference between him and any other midfielder not called King.

Still, if you aren't going to use a player, and he doesn't want to be a reserve you should be moving them on.

Personally I really like Danns, hope we keep him. He can be rash yes, but the positive side of that is to say that he is committed. He offers something different to the squad, he's a bit of a modern day Robbie Savage.

Not sure there is a great deal of difference between him and any other midfielder not called King.

Still, if you aren't going to use a player, and he doesn't want to be a reserve you should be moving them on.

Pretty much agree. I like Danns, but he shouldn't be in the starting 11 atm when Drinkwater and King have started the season so well and look to be forging a tidy little partnership.

If he can't put up with being on the bench right now to 2 in-form players and doesn't want to fight his way into the team then he's not the kind of player you need around the place really.

he's a bit of a modern day Robbie Savage.

No he isn't.

I like Danns and before he got injured at the back-end of last season he was our most in-form player. But he is nowhere near as influential or valuable to the current team or squad as Savage was for us in his time. Robbie Savage is a much underrated footballer in my opinion. I think he was just as important to us as Muzzy Izzet and Neil Lennon were.

The away draw at Forest, 2- 2, he and Fernandes linked up really well.
Didn't see that level of performance until the few games before his red card at the tail end of last season.

If he has to go out on loan to find his conisistency (!), let it be at someone else's expense, go and cock up for dirty Leeds.

Not losing any sleep over this, whether it's true or not.

Sage words. Listen.

I like Danns. But when we have the likes of Drinkwater, Marshall, King and James, all of whom have their best years ahead of them, I can understand why he is being shipped out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670