Speculation Danns to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did Danns make his debut last night for Leeds or was he cup tied? Shall I ask Stringer? Is he qualified enough to answer the question? :icon_conf

Last edited:
"City are on the attack and Nugent is through with an empty net... but Former Leicester City Striker Alan Young, what pie did you have when we stopped in that tailback on the A52?"

Ah, the quality.

Alan Young was on the 7.25 from Leicester to Nottingham the other day with his "BBC: Alan Young" badge on and he was on crutches

He could do some real journalistic work, or simply sit and think of reporting something from a different angle

RL do a post match interview with Pear Son and a couple of the players after the game, and then use extracts from those in their sports bulletins for the remainder of the week in the pretence of 'news'

They may provide cvoverage of every match, but the effort they put in for the rest of the week is truly woeful

This is down to the club who offer very limited access to the media, so as per NP's previous regime the National Press lose interest & hence why the nationals tend to jump on the NP's job under threat stories quickly, as they would prefer a manager who gives them easier access.

The point that gets missed is that by giving limited access to the media, it is giving limited access to the fans. We made this point to the club when NP came back, initially it seemed to be better, but seems to reverting back now.

This is down to the club who offer very limited access to the media, so as per NP's previous regime the National Press lose interest & hence why the nationals tend to jump on the NP's job under threat stories quickly, as they would prefer a manager who gives them easier access.

The point that gets missed is that by giving limited access to the media, it is giving limited access to the fans. We made this point to the club when NP came back, initially it seemed to be better, but seems to reverting back now.

It doesn't affect me. Why do I need a story a day? I'm only interested in big stories - player signings etc - which they have been very open with. What you are asking for seems to be for them to be endlessly commenting on manager speculation and stories about Beckford, which would be ridiculous. At least you implied that you agree that Stringer just makes the news up.

It doesn't affect me. Why do I need a story a day? I'm only interested in big stories - player signings etc - which they have been very open with. What you are asking for seems to be for them to be endlessly commenting on manager speculation and stories about Beckford, which would be ridiculous. At least you implied that you agree that Stringer just makes the news up.

Couldn't agree more, a constant drip feed of pointless stories just to keep the local rag and knuckle draggers entertained does nothing to help the club progress. Stringer builds stories out of nothing and then doesn't understand why Pear Son treats him with contempt.

Bring John Barber back as he was amazing and The Mercury should just start having blank pages in the sport section for football now.

No, I want them to bring back John Barber as he was much better.

I am surprised that the Mercury is still in print though as it is the only newspaper in the world that prints exaggerated/bullshit stories.

I am surprised that the Mercury is still in print though as it is the only newspaper in the world that prints exaggerated/bullshit stories.

Really? I thought that covered most newspapers!

Err, it's not.

I don't rate Tanner at all myself but he's living off scraps in all fairness.

Who buys the Leicester Mercury for its sport content?

Who buys the Leicester Mercury at all?

:icon_bigg

Who buys the Leicester Mercury for its sport content?

Who buys the Leicester Mercury at all?

Who buys any regional newspaper. They are all full of shite and poorly written. The shite you do want to read can be readily accessed online where you can join in with reasoned and informed debate with other readers.

Yes I was being sarcastic, sometimes a point needs to be taken to an extreme in order for it to be made.

Han and FoxCovert seemed to have summed things up well and remember, the grass is not always greener. Before Stringer it was pretty much a muddy field full of dog shit and used needles so I don't see much to complain about currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566