Darius Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

Stringer on twitter....

More Vassell news - its my understanding Darius Vassell WILL sign a permanent contract with Leicester City in the coming days, 1/2 year

Re: Vassell

If he's still got pace he'll add something that the other 3 forwards haven't got. Waghorn is nippy but not full on quick like vassell was the last time i saw him play.

last at MKE Ankaragücü in Turkey

Not convinced about this one...

Same. He's 30, so shouldn't have lost his pace much.

But, his career record is 71 in 338 games. Not great, and he only gfot 4 goals in 24 games last year. 16 goals total in the last 4 seasons...

But, his career record is 71 in 338 games. Not great, and he only gfot 4 goals in 24 games last year. 16 goals total in the last 4 seasons...
My concern entirely. If were going to bring a striker in, get one who is proven. Not someone who averages only 10

I don't see the point of this one. I thought Vassell was washed up. We just got Waghorn for £2-3M, we also have Fryatt. Can't see Waghorn and Vassell playing up front together.

I don't see the point of this one. I thought Vassell was washed up. We just got Waghorn for £2-3M, we also have Fryatt. Can't see Waghorn and Vassell playing up front together.

Sven didn't sign him though and if he has the same opinion on the waghorn i watched on saturday he wouldn't have been too impressed.

Last edited:

Did he play ALL of those games as a striker?

He's not always been played up front which clearly "damages" his game to goal ratio.

We're not able to sign any players from other clubs other than on loan, which means slim pickings most of the time. I doubt there's going to be a 20 goal a season striker just waiting to be picked up anywhere on a free transfer or either on loan right now.

He's still only 30 and Sven obviously feels he can offer something and still has something to prove.

For me, this isn't a risk and worth a punt.

I trust Sven's judgement - he's not done too badly in signing players so far!

Last edited:

If I remember correctly wasn't he one of the first strikers to fall foul of the 4-3-3 system and was always played on the wing due to his pace.

For free I don't really see this as a risk. If it doesn't work he ends up like Dickov did, didn't do any harm

For the remainder of the season, it's not a bad shout. Would be paid a fair old whack one would have thought. Jason Roberts IMO would have offered more, but similar types of player at the end of the day.

With Fryatt coming back I think this should add good competition. I would have preferred a target man tho'.

Four decent strikers - Fryatt, Howard, Waghorn & Vassell - should be enough. If we get any more there could be some unhappy players on the fringe in time to come.

I'm guessing that Vassell may have been considered because Roberts's wages are higher. We don't want to be paying over the odds for a bench warmer (Waghorn & Fryatt is our best frontline IMO).

Sven didn't sign him though and if he has the same opinion on the waghorn i watched on saturday he wouldn't have been too impressed.

Said to a mate at the game, "if Waggy wants to be our main front man he's got to improve a bloody lot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566