Darius Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Re: Vassell

We're not currently playing with wingers so it makes no difference.

Hopefully a good striking option tho'.
I think we will play with wingers when Dyer is fit and Vassell arrives.

Nottingham Fox

Currently undergoing medical, won't be fit for 2 weeks. Lots of names been passed over from agents. Roberts still on the radar.

All above according to Stringer.

okie fox

Forgive me for being cynical but Vassell disappeared off the radar (why?). Everybody is anticipating him to reappear as the Vassell of old. Maybe he will be good (like Cottee was for City). On the other hand, he might be as bad as Nathan Blake was!

drummindefender

he wasn't key during the run in and there were lotsof contenders for man of the match in that game. a game we lost.
he's not the way forward for us achieving anything this season.
anyone who thinks he should be our first choice striker is wrong.
end of.

Some how, I feel more people will agree with me than you.

And using "End Of" doesn't make you sound big or clever, it just shows you to be a .......

Matt_B

Some how, I feel more people will agree with me than you.

And using "End Of" doesn't make you sound big or clever, it just shows you to be a .......

For the record I agree with you, I think he'll probably end up a bit part player and not great, however for free I don't see the risk. Salary doesn't seem to be a problem under either Mandaric or the new guys, whereas if we were spending a couple of million on him I'd see that as wasted money.

He's probably also better than anything available on loan at the minute, so until Jan the best we can hope for.

drummindefender

For the record I agree with you, I think he'll probably end up a bit part player and not great, however for free I don't see the risk. Salary doesn't seem to be a problem under either Mandaric or the new guys, whereas if we were spending a couple of million on him I'd see that as wasted money.

He's probably also better than anything available on loan at the minute, so until Jan the best we can hope for.
I was talking about Howard :icon_lol:

Graz

I'm still not sure about this, but Sven has worked with him and obviously believes he can do a job.

Might just be for backup anyway. Wouldn't necessarily be a starter.

Ike O'Noclassed

Forgive me for being cynical but Vassell disappeared off the radar (why?). Everybody is anticipating him to reappear as the Vassell of old. Maybe he will be good (like Cottee was for City). On the other hand, he might be as bad as Nathan Blake was!

I'm looking on it as a kind of second coming - just like Stan Collymore, whether that's miraculous or a total disaster I'm not sure.

lanxfox jnr

For me its Fryatt plus one. I'm still not sure who his best partner is at the moment.

I think Waggy and Fryatt could make a decent partnership if Waggy sorts his game out, but that said Howard and Fryatt played very well together last season. I'd say that Howard is his best partner.

ch4mbo

I honestly think it could be a good signing he is experienced has no transfer fee he can cover a couple of positions and does not take up a loan where we may need someone else.

A key point I think, and as someone else already said, could also be a wide right option, something we're lacking at the moment. Looks a good bit of business to me. Keep em coming Sven :)

Hazzman

His last club went bust I believe and left him buggered.

Miles Away

he wasn't key during the run in and there were lotsof contenders for man of the match in that game. a game we lost.
he's not the way forward for us achieving anything this season.
anyone who thinks he should be our first choice striker is wrong.
end of.

I agree, Howard is no better than a middling Championship striker. We won't get out of the league, at least not in the right direction, with him leading the line.

Scotfox

Sven obviously likes him, under his management he played for England and Man. City. Sven knows his strengths, he sees something in him we don't have, and I trust Svens judgement. Lets reserve our criticism or plaudits, until we have seen him play a few times.

lanxfox jnr

Sven obviously likes him, under his management he played for England and Man. City. Sven knows his strengths, he sees something in him we don't have, and I trust Svens judgement. Lets reserve our criticism or plaudits, until we have seen him play a few times.

If he comes ;)

Micky

I think there is one characteristic that all arrivals currently share. That being, they all have pace. Whilst this is obviously not the only asset required to be a good player it is certainly something that our team has lacked in recent seasons. I think Dyer was the only player in last seasons team that had pace and he was not a regular. Well done Sven, it's about time.

Last edited:

LES Fox

Agreed Howard's not great but TBH he's been on a par with our other options.

I trust Sven's judgement, esp based on his first 2 signings. It's clear he understands what we need, proven ability and pace. I expect he'll continue looking for loans to replace Howard, Oakley, Gallagher and alternatives to Waghorn & most of PS signings (except Moussa/Vitor).

That'd suit me fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670