Darius Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vassell

Said to a mate at the game, "if Waggy wants to be our main front man he's got to improve a bloody lot"

Think guy has a lot of potential and sometimes is great but doesn't do the simple things well. Things like concentrating on going to meet the ball rather than wrestling with the defender that is marking him.

Last edited:

A poor man's Barry Hayles

Oh dear.......

he's got good quality and was a world cup goalscorer, so no flys on him.
that said, we need some players who can hit the ground running with some confidence.
Roberts i'd have in the squad every day ahead of vassell, but if it's both with Vassell on the bench then happy days.
let's not forgot Howard has had 4 years to do well and he hasn't improved or had a purple patch in any of that time, despite considerable effort on his part and a good work ethic. time to put him out ot pasture i think...

he's got good quality and was a world cup goalscorer, so no flys on him.
that said, we need some players who can hit the ground running with some confidence.
Roberts i'd have in the squad every day ahead of vassell, but if it's both with Vassell on the bench then happy days.
let's not forgot Howard has had 4 years to do well and he hasn't improved or had a purple patch in any of that time, despite considerable effort on his part and a good work ethic. time to put him out ot pasture i think...

Sorry when did Vassell score in the world cup? His main contribution in a tournament was missing the spotkick which knocked us out of euro 2004!

Eriksson used to deploy Vassell as a right winger in his time at Man City.

euro's that's what i meant. let's call it 'major championships'.

Cha ching!

Spot on

A lightening quick ex england international.. yeah, why would we want him! Lol
It baffles me that people are turning their noses up. The guy is a proven premiership player. At 30 years old, he still has plenty of years left in him and I would guess he is depserate to return to football in England and prove his point - remember Tony Cottee!!! He could prove to be a real enigma.

welcome aboard 'Darius....better than Crnic, N'Guessan, Moussa, Gallagher, Chambers and Howard..... Vassell'.
Hope you bag a trick against Leeds when we're already 4-0 up....

he was closer to scoring than Steve Howard was..... you know the four words most often heard in conjunction with Steve Howard's name during commentary....

'(steve howard).....can't quite get there.'

and that's why he hardly played during our successful last season. Sousa is the only one who has confused this issue since Pearson's departure....

The same Steve Howard who played a major role in the run in, and was undeniably man of the match in the second leg of the play offs?

yeah did **** all last season...

welcome aboard 'Darius....better than Crnic, N'Guessan, Moussa, Gallagher, Chambers and Howard..... Vassell'.
Hope you bag a trick against Leeds when we're already 4-0 up....
I would suggest he is significantly better than any other right wingers that we have (do we actually have a right winger!). He provides us with something that our team has lacked for some time - pace. If I remember correctly he also isn't afraid to track back and help out with the defence.

Last edited:

he wasn't key during the run in and there were lotsof contenders for man of the match in that game. a game we lost.
he's not the way forward for us achieving anything this season.
anyone who thinks he should be our first choice striker is wrong.
end of.

he wasn't key during the run in and there were lotsof contenders for man of the match in that game. a game we lost.
he's not the way forward for us achieving anything this season.
anyone who thinks he should be our first choice striker is wrong.
end of.

We won the game.

I would suggest he is significantly better than any other right wingers that we have (do we actually have a right winger!). He provides us with something that our team has lacked for some time - pace. If I remember correctly he also isn't afraid to track back and help out with the defence.

We're not currently playing with wingers so it makes no difference.

Hopefully a good striking option tho'.

I honestly think it could be a good signing he is experienced has no transfer fee he can cover a couple of positions and does not take up a loan where we may need someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669