Davies Loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that new this season? On FM2008 (I know it's not real but they are generally spot on with the rules of the game etc) you didn't have to if you loaned a player as far as I remember?

If there's been a change in this rule, it will be that is has been dropped.

Have you seen the latest football league rules?

The latest copy I have is a few years old and there's no mention of the borrowing club having to pay half the wages (maybe it's a Premier League rule?).

The rules I have would also prevent DJ Campbell from going to Blackpool for the rest of the season, as he'd only be allowed a maximum of 93 days there.

The latest Football League Regulations are here. They fall silent on any aspect of who pays what to the player. I can find reference for the borrowing club having to pay 50% upto 2004 but not at this moment since that date, although I am certain that it was still the case at least up until 2006.

I agree about DJ Campbell only being able to go to Blackpool for a maximum of 93 days. He is not a 'young' player and therefore not available for long-term loan (aka season-long loan). Even if he had been young enough, it is to late in the season for a long-term loan; they have to be registered by the end of December. A short-term loan is all that is available for him and that can be for no longer than 93 days, except under extenuating circumstances which are most unlikely to apply here.

Last edited:
That's the same one I've got, and I'm sure it's not up to date. If you look at the end it says "5.1 These Rules come into force on the 11th June 2004."

I was referred to that set of regulations by the Football League just a few weeks ago. Certainly in relation to the rules and rule numbers quoted by Blackpool in their complaints about the conduct of Leeds United in their recruitment of Simon Grayson, they are correct.

What's the latest on this? I expect Pearson et al are trying to move heaven and earth to renew the services of Davies for tomorrow's match but will they get anywhere?

It certainly won't help. We need Mick McCarthy to give us a hand here. He needs to make a decision. I can't stand lack of decision.

Gow is a striker! If wolves dont sign a midfielder then i would imagine Davies will remain at wolves ( although he is rumoured to favour us)
We would do the same in their position.

Gow is a striker! If wolves dont sign a midfielder then i would imagine Davies will remain at wolves ( although he is rumoured to favour us)

Having seen Davies nearly every game he's played here, I think he could do a very good job on the front line given the chance.

Quote from the Beeb on the headline ticker

FOOTBALL: Alan Gow's move to Wolves off after the Rangers midfielder fails a medical.

:102:

Looks liker Berner will be in the midfield for tomorrow then.

I thought he played well against Palace and we definitely looked weaker in the middle went he went off in the second half.

All opinions, I suppose

I thought he was completely dreadful against Palace, and was delighted when he left the pitch. He's simply not good enough in midfield

Given the options available, I'd stick Oakley back in the middle and give Gradel another chance on the right (and yes, I know that he was also pants against Palace, but at least that is his genuine position and he was lacking match practice)

Last edited:
All opinions, I suppose

I thought he was completely dreadful against Palace, and was delighted when he left the pitch. He's simply not good enough in midfield

Given the options available, I'd stick Oakley back in the middle and give Gradel another chance on the right (and yes, I know that he was also pants against Palace, but at least that is his genuine position and he was lacking match practice)

What about Nicky Adams on the wing or in the centre. Earlier this season he was chosen instead of Gradel on the wing and when he joined it as said that he could play anywhere across the middle. Why hasn't he been playing recently?

What about Nicky Adams on the wing or in the centre. Earlier this season he was chosen instead of Gradel on the wing and when he joined it as said that he could play anywhere across the middle. Why hasn't he been playing recently?

He came on against Palace and was gash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670