Dawn raids on FIFA officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of inverted commas...

CGKGF1dWkAAibiI.jpg

People have likened it to when Joey discovers inverted commas on Friends. :icon_lol:

Surely "Giveusawave" and "Mawsley" are not seeing the FIFA scandal in terms of left and right wing prejudices. Hopefully their reaction have been the same if the article had been published in the Guardian by someone equally bigoted but left wing.

What on Earth has left or right wing politics got to do with anything?
I'd hazard a guess that any prejudices that either of them may have will be primarily based on the fact that Piers Morgan is a ****. A sensationalist **** that thrives on drama.

Macky I know you always read carefully the posts that you quote. It was therefore no surprise that you realised I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

No doubt newspapers in Ireland are better than in the UK but over here there is an unfortunate correlation between peoples political prejudices and their choice of newspaper. It is possible for a right wing reader of the Daily Mail to never read a left wing point of view and vice versa for a left wing Guardian reader. This can occasionally lead to rigid opinions; a fault which, I believe, is unknown on your side of the Irish Sea.

I don't know enough to comment on Piers Morgan's personal qualities (or lack of them) so you may be right.

Macky I know you always read carefully the posts that you quote. It was therefore no surprise that you realised I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

No doubt newspapers in Ireland are better than in the UK but over here there is an unfortunate correlation between peoples political prejudices and their choice of newspaper. It is possible for a right wing reader of the Daily Mail to never read a left wing point of view and vice versa for a left wing Guardian reader. This can occasionally lead to rigid opinions; a fault which, I believe, is unknown on your side of the Irish Sea.

I don't know enough to comment on Piers Morgan's personal qualities (or lack of them) so you may be right.
I am, as always, right David. Piers Morgan is an utter ****, as well you know.
I must congratulate you on an extremely verbose way of not answering a simple question.
I do have to correct you though, newspapers here are precisely the same as the UK. They're full of lies and paid for propaganda on both islands.

"Macky" I know you always "read" carefully the posts that you quote. It was "therefore" no surprise that "you" realised I was giving "them" the benefit of the doubt.

No doubt "newspapers" in Ireland are better than in the "UK" but over here there is an unfortunate correlation between peoples "political" prejudices and their choice of "newspaper". It is possible for a "right wing" reader of the "Daily Mail" to never read a left wing point of view and vice versa for a left wing Guardian "reader". This can occasionally lead to rigid opinions; a fault which, I believe, is unknown on your side of the "Irish" Sea.

I don't know enough to comment on "Piers" Morgan's personal qualities (or lack of them) so you "may" be right.

Genuinely surprised at your lack of inverted comma use, "David", so I've added them back in for you.

And for someone as obviously intelligent as you to still be thinking of people as falling on a straight-forward Left-Right continuum does you no credit. But then I'd not classify the Mail as a newspaper either or its readers as people.

noted that the US had lost out in the bidding for the 2022 World Cup to Qatar while England, another major critic, had lost out to Russia for the right to hold the 2018 World Cup - and that the US was the "number-one sponsor" of the state of Jordan, the homeland of defeated challenger for the Fifa presidency.

Blatter's reasoning for his perceived hate campaign against FIFA

I am always right. Piers Morgan is an utter ****, as well you know.
I must congratulate you on an extremely verbose way of not answering a simple question.

No. I genuinely do not know enough about Piers Morgan to judge his character. I have never met him and live in a celebrity free zone

I answered your question in a way I found enjoyable although it may not have been the kind of answer you wanted. Spion liked my reply which suggests that he is the one who is "always right" .

. But then I'd not classify the Mail as a newspaper either or its readers as people.

The idea that certain groups are not real people is dangerous and has a tragic History.

Those members of the forum who are keen on celebrity culture may be right about Piers Morgan's character but I think he is right to attack FIFA and I am surprised that people should condemn the article.

As for the quotation marks around "Mawsley" I was responding to posts from "Give us a wave" and yourself. I guessed perhaps wrongly that "Give Us A Wave" might be a pseudonym so used quotation marks for both of you. I may well, be doing you an injustice and Mawsley might be your real name. In that case I should have written Mr Mawsley and Mr Wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I genuinely do not know enough about Piers Morgan to judge his character. I have never met him and live in a celebrity free zone

I answered your question in a way I found enjoyable although it may not have been the kind of answer you wanted. Spion liked my reply which suggests that he is the one who is "always right" .

The idea that certain groups are not real people is dangerous and has a tragic History.

Those members of the forum who are keen on celebrity culture may be right about Piers Morgan's character but I think he is right to attack FIFA and I am surprised that people should condemn the article.

As for the quotation marks around "Mawsley" I was responding to posts from "Give us a wave" and yourself. I guessed perhaps wrongly that "Give Us A Wave" might be a pseudonym so used quotation marks for both of you. I may well, be doing you an injustice and Mawsley might be your real name. In that case I should have written Mr Mawsley and Mr Wave.
So you think Spion is Spion's real name?

Calling "Piers Morgan" a "****" suggests that he has "warmth" and "depth". Few people aside from Piers Morgan's "mum" seem to suggest that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669