De Vries to consider his options

Status
Not open for further replies.

For Fox Sake

Leicester City striker Mark de Vries says he will consider his future over the summer after refusing a permanent move to Heerenveen.

The Dutch striker spent the second half of last season on loan at the Eredivisie outfit, who confirmed on Tuesday that they would not be using the option to sign him on a permanent basis.

De Vries is now expected to be back training with Leicester when they begin pre-season on July 3 but admits he is usure whether he will still be at The Walkers Stadium when the season starts in August.

"I will have to wait and see what happens," de Vries told De Telegraaf.

"There should be interest from other clubs, maybe a permanent or loan move will be possible."

The former Hearts front-man was given relatively few opportunities while at Heerenveen, but still managed to bag three goals in nine appearances.

Despite having the option to stay in Holland, de Vries turned the offer down and has since revealed his disappointment at the lack of chances at the club.

"The coach told me he preferred to use other players," he added.

"I could have stayed with Heerenveen but when I heard the club wanted to use me as a pinch-hitter I decided to leave."

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Nottingham Fox said:
Heres his option = **** off !!!!!

That's an interesting reaction. One of leading top-goalscorers ****s off - so you tell the other one to "**** off"!

I would have thought that a better option would be to wait to see what his decision is - and if his decision is to stay, then give him the kind of support that he deserves as a City player.

FFS!

highland fox

If he does decide to go then good luck to him,he's done Ok for a £50,000 Striker IMo.You could hardly blame him for leaving after some of the 'Support' he's recieved here.No doubt there will be some other poor fecker boooed next season...

Last edited:

Leesoh

highland fox said:
If he does decide to go then good luck to him,he's done Ok for a £50,000 Striker IMo.You could hardly blame him for leaving after some of the 'Support' he's recieved here.No doubt there will be some other poor fecker boooed next season...
Too right.

TomBmx5

He's crap, as far as I care, It's a waste pf 50k. Never good enough for us in any game he played other than the Tottenham game. I dont wish him any luck, I dont wish him the best, & I hope we never have someone like him again.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
TomBmx5 said:
He's crap, as far as I care, It's a waste pf 50k. Never good enough for us in any game he played other than the Tottenham game. I dont wish him any luck, I dont wish him the best, & I hope we never have someone like him again.

That's odd - deVries speaks highly of you.

I suppose though that he didn't realise that you and people like you who boo City players are part of the problem and not part of the answer.

Pah!

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
TomBmx5 said:
Bit harsh Tom, I'm not his biggest fan, but I would always wish him well and good luck, especially if he is wearing a City shirt.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Too right, MDV was our top scorer - weeks after he left. If he stays he gets my vote and support. If Kelly can do with MDV what he has done with Kisnorbo, then who knows, he might become our top scorer again.
For £50k I think he is cheap for a big powerful striker - our only big powerful player in a division full of 6 foot plus/13 stone thugs!

I never understood why MDV got booed even when he was scoring goals, yet Hume was cheered every time he got the ball and put it into row Z!

fcukcov

highland fox said:
No doubt there will be some other poor fecker boooed next season...
You planning to make a few games next season than HF?;) :icon_lol:

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
fcukcov said:
You planning to make a few games next season than HF?;) :icon_lol:
he said boooed, not buggered:icon_lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697