Dean Smith - LCFC Manager

police_squad_003.jpg

Would you not love to be a fly on the wall in the new coaches office to hear them speaking freely about what they really think? If we go down all guns blazing, playing high octane attacking football, with our players leaving everything out on the pitch after every game I will have no complaints.

I do not think our players are fit enough to play the way that smith wants them to, serious question here, if we go on an unbelievable run and win 80% of our remaining fixtures what position does that put the board in?

I wish them all the best and hope they can turn this around.

Given Tops loyalty to BR I'd be very surprised if Smith keeps us up that he would make the hard decision and get someone else in.
If the performances improve significantly I can see Smith and the team being retained even if the club is relegated, it's already fairly obvious that the job isn't all that attractive and only offering a lot of money and security is likely to sway the better coaching options.

If we do manage to claw our way up. The chances are the duffers at the top will keep them on permanently

If we do manage to claw our way up. The chances are the duffers at the top will keep them on permanently
I think it depends on how convincing our performances would be. If we stumble over the line, with average performances, then they won’t stay. If we win the next 8, playing like Barcelona, I imagine they’ll stay.

Potter was asked, but wouldn’t come

If we stay up, he can go and **** himself

Hardly. If we're in a position to get Potter in the summer and don't take it, we'd be fools.

The rebuild needed here is massive. It's almost the entire squad and I imagine the entire backroom team. The decision on the next manager is likely to determine our trajectory for the next 5+ years.

Given that, I would prefer someone who has built Brighton into a very capable premier league team to lead that rebuild.

The decision on the next manager is likely to determine our trajectory for the next 5+ years.

Knowing our board the decision wont even be made in the next 5 years

Hardly. If we're in a position to get Potter in the summer and don't take it, we'd be fools.

The rebuild needed here is massive. It's almost the entire squad and I imagine the entire backroom team. The decision on the next manager is likely to determine our trajectory for the next 5+ years.

Given that, I would prefer someone who has built Brighton into a very capable premier league team to lead that rebuild.
agreed I think it is 8 players at the end of this season out of contract and another 8 in their last year when the new season starts?

Why?

If we manage to escape and do so playing quick, attacking football why on earth would we change? His track record at brining players in and on at Villa is excellent. Just look at them now with a team he brought in.

I really don't get the Potter love in. Brighton have done better since he left and his tactical awareness at Chelsea was atrocious.

Whether we stay up or go down, Dean Smith is not the answer.

He has proved at Villa and Norwich that he's a limited manager. Whatever happens, we need a mighty rebuild this summer so need someone we can trust with that.

If the club had any intention of keeping Smith beyond May they wouldn't have made such a fuss about the choice between a short term fix and a long term appointment.

If we stay up, we'll go for Potter 100%.

Whether we stay up or go down, Dean Smith is not the answer.

He has proved at Villa and Norwich that he's a limited manager. Whatever happens, we need a mighty rebuild this summer so need someone we can trust with that.

If the club had any intention of keeping Smith beyond May they wouldn't have made such a fuss about the choice between a short term fix and a long term appointment.

If we stay up, we'll go for Potter 100%.
If he somehow keeps this shower of shite up, he deserves a chance. I think it would be an almighty achievement.

If he somehow keeps this shower of shite up, he deserves a chance. I think it would be an almighty achievement.
This is the sort of short term reward-ism that left Sunderland in the shit repeatedly for so many years.

I disagree. Even if he keeps us up we need a manager we would trust for at least 3 years. The squad needs an overhaul.

Nope. His job is to fix things short term.

The idea of us turning away Potter in the summer because he didn't want it now is ludicrous; he'd just been sacked by Chelsea the day before. It's perfectly fine for him to want a few months to settle that before jumping into the next job.

If Smith keeps us up and we reward him by keeping him on, we'll still be around this position next season.

Nope. His job is to fix things short term.

The idea of us turning away Potter in the summer because he didn't want it now is ludicrous; he'd just been sacked by Chelsea the day before. It's perfectly fine for him to want a few months to settle that before jumping into the next job.

If Smith keeps us up and we reward him by keeping him on, we'll still be around this position next season.
I agree. I actually think if Potter had said yes, he’d still have a Chelsea hangover and probably wouldn’t keep us up.

Dean Smith joined Norwich just days after being sacked by Villa. It sounded from his interview like he regretted that, especially when he mentioned about the break he’s just had.

Is Potter that good? I don’t know if I follow the hype.

People said the same about Emery, who is now ripping it up at Villa.

Who on here suggested Dick Emery to replace Rodgers? No thanks. Villareal look about as crap as we do. No passion, lethargic, mistakes at the back, passing the ball from side to side aimlessly. If they weren't playing in yellow they look just like us.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463