Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not be too desperate.Forest beat us but you have a much better team.They are awful and Brighton have effectively lost their fire power for the season.Boro imploding.Play offs should be realistic still

Do not be too desperate.Forest beat us but you have a much better team.They are awful and Brighton have effectively lost their fire power for the season.Boro imploding.Play offs should be realistic still
**** me. At this rate we'll be mid table. Desperate is an understatement. I just hope that you lot stuff Forest in the play-offs.

Nigel Clough reckons it's the worst they've played at home all season.

Hi Cathy, lucky for u Watford lost eh?

It seems that Sky were expecting Pearson out for interview by now but that he is 'understandably' still in the dressing room. They didn't say whether he was deflowering the local radio channel's sports presenter in there. Has he spoken on the radio yet?

...passing, energy and desire were all lacking from the start and I'm not sure what could have caused that...

Fatigue & lack of depth.That "building a lean,slim squad" stuff always made me nervous.You have to play twice a week in this league pretty much from February through to April & its taken it's toll.Compare the last time we played Derby,also on Sky just a couple of months back, where we came roaring at them out of the blocks & into a 2 goal lead, with the jaded & clueless performance today.& it was against a team that have been in even worse recent form than we have!

Last edited:
Pearson:

Awful game
No desire
Lack of quality
Putting good position in jeopardy
Expects to see players and staff show determination to turn it around
Careless mistakes
Not ruthless

First time I've heard him blaming the players this season. Non-committal on chances of owners keeping him on.

Last edited:
Glad to see Nige looking bothered during the second half

Not defending NP, that was total dog shit, but the amount of basic errors some of our players were making was embarassing. For me the players are just as much to blame as the manager.

Two free headers is unacceptable!

Rumours in Leeds that Warnock has walked out of the club tonight. Not sure if it has any relevance whatsoever to the manager's role at Leicester, but thought it was worth a mention.

I'd take him over Pearson. We shold have appointed him years back but Mandaric didn't have the bollocks. Palace appointed him and made the play offs. We appointed Holloway and went down.

Not defending NP, that was total dog shit, but the amount of basic errors some of our players were making was embarassing. For me the players are just as much to blame as the manager.

Two free headers is unacceptable!

Totally agree Will and that for me shows that there is something very wrong inside the club at the moment. It is obvious the Manager is on the edge and yet the players put in such a lethargic pitiful performance tonight was a disgrace.

Before today's game he said he could leave Leeds before the end of the season, if they can find a replacement for him.

"Realistically we're running out of games and (the owners) GFH know my situation, I speak to them on a regular basis," the 64-year-old said.

"Once we're out of contention for the Premier League they know I won't be having another year in the Championship.

"They've got to look after themselves really. We've spoken about my successor, about people coming in if mathematically it's impossible to get into the play-offs.

"I'd like to think that I'd have an input on that because the job we've done over the last 12 months, the staff and I, I think is fantastic.

"Yes I'm frustrated because we just lack that bit of quality, a bit of midfield creativity and a bit of pace.

"We've sorted everything else out, but haven't been able to sort that out and it catches up with you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669