Post Match Derby 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lucky Riddles.I have to reiterate however that Forest were pretty woeful for 75 minutes.Unfortunately we were sh*t for 15 minutes.
Billy Davies must have a dossier on all the refs.Today they disrupted the game with non stop fouling and guessed right that the reff would only start booking late on.Very professional but cannot see it lasting.
I think Foxes will have too much to drop out of play offs

Spineless shite. Schmeichel, Keane, Morgan, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Wood and Dyer especially were awful.

Oh well. Let's build up for a challenge next season then............

Spineless shite. Schmeichel, Keane, Morgan, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Wood and Dyer especially were awful.

Has he been working out in the gym? Was his shirt too small? Too many burgers? Certainly not the upper body of a garden rake like he used to resemble.

Utter tosh, come on own up anyone who thought we would win this after conceding the first goal?

Well once again a result that I expected and predicted - I'm missing out on serious money by failing to put money on my judgement.

Still I had hoped for better.

The Pearson Horror Show rolls on destroying fans dreams along the way.

Pearson completely lost the plot some weeks ago. However, it's not about Pearson now - he is finished. The real issue is finding someone who can deliver success. Not an easy task. I still tend to think that Pearson to remain as the dead hand manager till the end of the season - but if someone special is available bring them in. Also daft as it sounds its still possible that we could make the play offs - I'm certain we wouldn't come through them - but stranger things have happened tho I'm having difficulty thinking of any.

One Paulo Sousa, there's only one Paulo Sousa. One Paulo Souuuuusa, there's only one Paulo Sousa.

Fatigue & lack of depth.That "building a lean,slim squad" stuff always made me nervous.You have to play twice a week in this league pretty much from February through to April & its taken it's toll.Compare the last time we played Derby,also on Sky just a couple of months back, where we came roaring at them out of the blocks & into a 2 goal lead, with the jaded & clueless performance today.& it was against a team that have been in even worse recent form than we have!

Nope, players can't be tired. They are sportsmen don't you know.

Not defending NP, that was total dog shit, but the amount of basic errors some of our players were making was embarassing. For me the players are just as much to blame as the manager.

Two free headers is unacceptable!

Agreed.

Don't be ridiculous, we're in 6th place, we'll never be able to catch the teams in the play-off places.

Your irony is a bit too subtle for your website.

However, winning one game in about nine isnt the best strategy to finish in the top half of the table .....and i fear that our toe hold on sixth place may only be for a few more hours.

Just wow.

What is exceptional about that post? Warnock wouldn't be my first choice but he has proven even in recent years (he won this league two years ago) that he is more capable at this level than the current incumbent. He might not be a pleasant chap but then Pearson hardly seems that way.

You struggle to grasp the difference between responsibility and accountability, don't you? I agree with you that the players are responsible for individual errors but the manager is accountable for them. That's the same in almost every profession. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that you are a shill. But is it for Pearson or for the club?

Last edited:
What is exceptional about that post? Warnock wouldn't be my first choice but he has proven even in recent years (he won this league two years ago) that he is more capable at this level than the current incumbent. He might not be a pleasant chap but then Pearson hardly seems that way.

You struggle to grasp the difference between responsibility and accountability, don't you? I agree with you that the players are responsible for individual errors but the manager is accountable for them. That's the same in almost every profession. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that you are a shill. But is it for Pearson or for the club?

I don't struggle at all, that's why I said responsible, and not accountable. Luckily, by the fact that you'd happily take Warnock, I'm already at the conclusion that you are not fully compos mentis.

What you seem to struggle to understand is that I fully accept Pearson is accountable, but that I don't think this should mean he is sacked. He was just as accountable when we were second and storming to win after win.

Last edited:
I'd take him over Pearson. We shold have appointed him years back but Mandaric didn't have the bollocks. Palace appointed him and made the play offs. We appointed Holloway and went down.

I've been a Warnock fan - as you say should have been brought here years ago and probably would have been but for the nutters.

However I think he's past his sell by date.

One option could be to sack Pearson now and if Warnock wants or is pushed out at Leeds, bring him in as caretaker manager and review the situation at the end of the season.

As for Matt B's point - Matt will put up with anything - if we fell through half a dozen leagues Matt would still be waving the flag for the manager. Unfortunately the reality is that either the Players cant produce the goods for Pearson or they won't produce the goods - either case the manager carries the can. Thats how it works.

Glad to see Nige looking bothered during the second half

I've been a Warnock fan - as you say should have been brought here years ago and probably would have been but for the nutters.

However I think he's past his sell by date.

One option could be to sack Pearson now and if Warnock wants or is pushed out at Leeds, bring him in as caretaker manager and review the situation at the end of the season.

As for Matt B's point - Matt will put up with anything - if we fell through half a dozen leagues Matt would still be waving the flag for the manager. Unfortunately the reality is that either the Players cant produce the goods for Pearson or they won't produce the goods - either case the manager carries the can. Thats how it works.

I am a big fan of stability providing there is progress. This season has been a huge improvement on anything we have seen, both performance and position-wise, for a long time. I think the performances before February show that the players were regularly producing the goods for Pearson and that he was tactically getting it right to win matches. Performances since February have been severely lacking and, as I have said on numerous occasions, the manager must be accountable (see Lee, I do understand it) for this. I don't believe his being accountable should be a cause for his being sacked due to the aforementioned improvements seen this season.

It would appear to me that this season is slipping away from us due to a severe confidence shortage and fatigue. I think the only thing that will halt this is, unfortunately, the end of the season. I would be more than happy to see Pearson try again next season given what he has shown for the majority of this season. Seeing as I don't think a new manager would halt the decline, I don't see what benefit would be got by bringing somebody new in now either. Add to that the fact that there are no available managers out there who I see as an improvement, bar Mcdermott(sp), and it would merely add to the increasing debt.

Call me a spill, stooge or **** if you like, but I shan't be crying out for more change, upheaval and debt just yet thank you.

I can't see Pearson being in charge come Monday morning now.

I earmarked the Derby game as one we should take 3 points out of as Derby are 'soft' like us and we have more quality. But no, we concede and not only is the writing on the wall but someone has used an indelible marker.

I can't see a better time than now (with a 2 week break) to replace him as someone fresh would at least liven things up.

I am unsure as to whether Pearson can do so. If we keep him going into the next game and we lose that one as well (or fail to win) then it will be too late in my opinion.

I believe he has lost the dressing room and now he has lost virtually all of the fans (Matt excluded of course).

Our next game sees us against Millwall at home, a team not afraid to mix it up, one game I would strongly predict we won't win under the current regime and players.

Please change it now.

If we don't go up, & NP stays, how long next season before the "fans" are baying for his blood?

Losing our way is one thing, but to go from one extreme to another as regards the standard of football, is just too much in many peoples eyes.

If we don't go up, it may be best alround that he falls on his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669