Derby home 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footballing masterclass from Wellens. One of the most accomplished performances in a long time at the Walkers. Gallagher's turned the corner too and Dyer galvanised us an attacking threat. Brilliant.

Always been a Wellens fan, but IMO that was the best midfield performance by a City player since Muzzy was in his pomp.

Excellent all round, loved the full backs getting forward - then getting back - then forward etc, etc.

Oh and Cunningham looks as good as Naughton to me, if we can get them both I'd love it, just love it!

Couldn't fault anyone in a city shirt today, tough game against a tough opponent. Every one stepped up to the challenge.
:038:

.....oh and even the pie was nice

Last edited:
Bar a 10 minute spell towards the end of the first half it was men against boys. In truth it should have been 4 or 5 nil and the simultaneous statistics of having the most shots in this division yet still scoring among the fewest goals still tell a frustrating story of our finishing needing to improve, when you outplay the form team of the division and make them look so ordinary, you really can't argue. Top stuff!

Except the twat on my row who went to the loo at least three times per half!

And the ****s in the Holiday Inn before the game who don't bother queuing up and just push in at the bar.

And no MK, it wasn't me queuing this time!

ok, ok, apart from the bloke with the crap bladder and the twots in the holiday inn, I couldn't fault anyone in a city shirt!

What happened to Vitor? having said that i thought that Hobbs had an excellent game considering that he was a late choice, Davies and Naughton were superb, but MOTM was Wellens who won most 50/50s and also a big well done to Yuki:038::038:

Great win. Just looked at the table and we are now firmly in the midtable mix, just 2 points between 8 teams from 9th to 16th. Excellent run of form.

What happened to Vitor? having said that i thought that Hobbs had an excellent game considering that he was a late choice, Davies and Naughton were superb, but MOTM was Wellens who won most 50/50s and also a big well done to Yuki:038::038:

Might have been a good thing for Hobbs, might be a spur for him to find form. Could have gone the other way if he'd made an early mistake though!

Weale nowt to do
Back four very solid, and superb coming forward
Middle three simply excellent - Wellens in control, Abe putting in an incredible covering shift, and King looking more like Gerrard every game
And the front three were quite incredible. Howard just outstanding in every way (and MOTM by some distance), Gallagher putting in a storming game from start to finish, Vassell working his socks off and looking dangerous, and Dyer shining like a light at the close of the game

The way we stifled their passing game was a joy to watch - can't remember a City team working so hard for a long, long time, particularly the front three. Wonderful stuff

An excellent performance from everyone, and tactics from Sven were spot on :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669