Match Thread Derby v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Useless.

That was pretty ****ing predictable. It's like watching one of those old, dull, flat Pearson sides containing Richie Wellens.

We look one paced and one dimensional complete shadow of earlier in the season

We look so poor. Even this early in the match it's difficult to see where the chances are going to come.

Standard strike by Dyer.

Is it not possible for him to try to practice striking the ball at some point?

I have been a strong supporter of Pearson, but he seems to have bottled it at a crucial time in the season, when we play with tempo and attack we are capable of being one of if not the best team in the division yet we seem to be playing more conservatively and with far more caution and it seems to be negating many of our key strengths and our best players

Standard strike by Dyer.

Is it not possible for him to try to practice striking the ball at some point?

I always enjoy watching the players practice their shooting during the warm up, almost entirely because I know Dyer will **** it up in entertaining ways. He did smash a couple of half volleys into the top corner before one game this season. I still suspect an imposter.

Absolutely everything stops dead once Konchesky gets the ball.

Give the young lad that role.

Schlupp was brilliant on Tuesday, very harsh to leave him out. Is Konchesky on a booking yet? (Not able to watch or listen)

I have been a strong supporter of Pearson, but he seems to have bottled it at a crucial time in the season, when we play with tempo and attack we are capable of being one of if not the best team in the division yet we seem to be playing more conservatively and with far more caution and it seems to be negating many of our key strengths and our best players

I suspect what has happened is that he decided to start defending our league position rather than attacking the league. I have no doubt that we were capable of finishing in the top two playing the way we were up until February. Even when we were losing games early in the season we were at least having a go in the process.

I'm no apologist for NP but, with our players bereft of form and confidence, you have to start conservative. However, now we're behind, I think we should go 4-3-3 and get Dyer and Nugent closer to Wood. We don't look like scoring as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669