Dickov Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wasp will buzz no more.

He's overated and before you say it i've always thought it, if you take his penalties away he's average and his scoring ration is nowhere near as good as bents or ferdinands

dave said:
He's overated and before you say it i've always thought it, if you take his penalties away he's average and his scoring ration is nowhere near as good as bents or ferdinands

Hard working though, hard working, very very hard working, hardest working player we have had for a while, hard, hard worker, extremely hard working, he worked his littel socks off, robust and hard working player IMO.

Look who that leaves us with up front:

Trev!, Morris!, & Slowcroft!!!!!

However MA has hardly been loyal to our player who have showen commitmnet - look at Billy Mac!! Playing for free a season and a half ago, looked good in the prem and was a useful player but he was throwen out with the trash! Same with Frund, I will never forget him at Birmingham city!

Paul really owed us something and to be honest im amazingly dissapointed with him. If hes not 100% committed then he can **** off risht here and now!

Didn't he say that he would be staying after the Portsmouth match?

I think we are all surprised at the amount of interest in him though. I thought he would definitely stay with us but don't blame him for going, even if it will mean sitting on a bench all year.

How long till he says "thanks" to the fans?

homer said:
Minibus to Balckburn
Two sets of gloves
Set up in a car park

Malf V Dickshit

Fight to the death (or until someone cries)

COME ON !!!!!

Bring the f*ck on, i'm seriously ready to let some f*cker have it.

Nacho Novo can save me now.

He tells 30k fans he's staying.

He then tells fans on an individual basis he's staying.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't say that. The term 'legend' is used to loosely when it comes to football players. Dickov is certainly not a legend.

As far as I'm concerned, he can **** off.

Pick this up off a rumour board said:
Blackburn Rovers
A club insider tells me Balckburn are very close to securing the signing of Dickov, with the possibility of Dwight Yorke going in the other direction
:shock:

Scowcroft said:

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't say that. The term 'legend' is used to loosely when it comes to football players. Dickov is certainly not a legend.

His passion and never say die attitude is why it feels even worse that he is leaving because myself as a fan got the impression he loved the club and wouldn't leave unless he was pushed. I accept his reasons for leaving, but he is contradicting himself if a year down the line he leaves them because he's not getting first team football. Money doesn't give you everything, look at what happened before. He left Man City as he wasn't getting a game and he took a pay cut, shows he was going for regular football which he won't get at Blackburn. Odd

Steven said:
Pick this up off a rumour board said:
Blackburn Rovers
A club insider tells me Balckburn are very close to securing the signing of Dickov, with the possibility of Dwight Yorke going in the other direction
:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe the shite some people come up with.......

It's up to you, Dwight Yorke.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

His passion and never say die attitude is why it feels even worse that he is leaving because myself as a fan got the impression he loved the club and wouldn't leave unless he was pushed. I accept his reasons for leaving, but he is contradicting himself if a year down the line he leaves them because he's not getting first team football. Money doesn't give you everything, look at what happened before. He left Man City as he wasn't getting a game and he took a pay cut, shows he was going for regular football which he won't get at Blackburn. Odd

I've heard alot of people saying that if you had the chance to move to a new job and earn more money, you would do it.

Well, I don't accept that. Football is no ordinary job. Footballer's in the top 2 Divisions get paid very well, and money isn't a problem. People like you and me who don't earn that much, that's different. If you had the chance to move to a different job with more money, you would take it because it affects the way we live. That is not the case with Dickov. His contract at Blackburn won't alter his standard of living.

If he really loved playing football, and he wanted first team football, he would have stayed with us.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

I've heard alot of people saying that if you had the chance to move to a new job and earn more money, you would do it.

Well, I don't accept that. Football is no ordinary job. Footballer's in the top 2 Divisions get paid very well, and money isn't a problem. People like you and me who don't earn that much, that's different. If you had the chance to move to a different job with more money, you would take it because it affects the way we live. That is not the case with Dickov. His contract at Blackburn won't alter his standard of living.

If he really loved playing football, and he wanted first team football, he would have stayed with us.

The thing is Dickov probably hasn't got that much money, perhaps a couple of million maximum. In a totally selfish way he is perhaps thinking that 3 years of 10-15k a week saving wisely will set him and his family up for sure no worries. I'm sure he could possibly do this anyway, but players like Dickov haven't always been on that much money. I think he was perhaps on a tidy wage at Man City, but I might be wrong. He wasn't on that much at City, £10k maximum. I personally wouldn't change jobs just for the money unless it was a huge increase, I am not overly keen on my job but if a new one came up based up north with say a £5k increase for the year I wouldn't take it no way! Dickov has got to up sticks again and he won't even get a game, very dodgy decision but there we go.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

The thing is Dickov probably hasn't got that much money, perhaps a couple of million maximum. In a totally selfish way he is perhaps thinking that 3 years of 10-15k a week saving wisely will set him and his family up for sure no worries. I'm sure he could possibly do this anyway, but players like Dickov haven't always been on that much money. I think he was perhaps on a tidy wage at Man City, but I might be wrong. He wasn't on that much at City, £10k maximum. I personally wouldn't change jobs just for the money unless it was a huge increase, I am not overly keen on my job but if a new one came up based up north with say a £5k increase for the year I wouldn't take it no way! Dickov has got to up sticks again and he won't even get a game, very dodgy decision but there we go.

I'd love to have not a lot of money then Malf.

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:

I'd love to have not a lot of money then Malf.

What I mean by that is that compared to alot of premiership players coming to the end of their careers, Dickov hasn't got as much money as they have. Footballers finish playing at 35 and have a long time left until they die, yes they can carry on in football but alot of players don't. If he has say £2 million in the bank, that isn't a great amount to carry on living the life a footballer does when they are playing. It's a tricky decision for footballers to make, but an extra £250-300k a year on top of what we could give him is perhaps too good to refuse, especially with his named been tarnished as a suspected rapist. He might struggle with any television work, etc.

I was just kidding ya Malf. I think Dickov will be a manager one day though. Dirty team they will be.

Joe_Fox said:
I was just kidding ya Malf. I think Dickov will be a manager one day though. Dirty team they will be.

Yeah he probably will, why oh why has he gone? He'll be complaining of wanting first team football in a year you watch! then he'll sign for some division one team on crap wages and think to himself, why did I do that? and i'll be there to say 'Aye up Paul ya prick, shrewd bit of business you've done there in the past two years. Your now on less money than you were, 32,000 fans in the midlands hate you and you've lost two great years of your footballing life sitting on a seat that some ugly turk has farted on for two years before you in a nasty shit hole of a stadium in the worst part of the country. Unlucky mate, not your fault your thick as shit. By the way Paul, Leicester have just won the Uefa Cup if you were interested. Bye now'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363