Dickov Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
Ashov said:
Im so gutted , disapointed with Dickov leaving ! Is it something the fans have done or havent done ? I dont even want to talk about it :cry:

FFS Ashov, he left because he's just another money-grabbing footballer, not because of anything we did or didn't do.

He left because we opened the door with a ridiculously underpriced release clause. He left because he is in his thirties & knows that by the time we get promoted he will not be viable in the Premiership.

From his point of view its a logical decision - from a supporters viewpoint its a further instance of poor overall management at the Walkers - and I am not referring specifically to any individual but to the Board/ executive management as a whole. This situation was totally forseeable once it became known that we had slit our own throats with that clause.

Birch on Forest FM just said that Dickov phoned him this morning to tell him the news and said 'it's the hardest decision I've ever made in my footballing career' and that his wife comes from Manchester so Blackburn is close to there. And the usual 'I'm 31 and need top flight football'. Oh, that's alright then :roll:

Leigh said:
Birch on Forest FM just said that Dickov phoned him this morning to tell him the news and said 'it's the hardest decision I've ever made in my footballing career' and that his wife comes from Manchester so Blackburn is close to there. And the usual 'I'm 31 and need top flight football'. Oh, that's alright then :roll:

No doubt he'll try and smooth things over with the fans!

Leigh said:

Who cares? He made the wrong one, he's a fcvking twat.

Leigh said:

Oh i forgot Leicester is in f'in Outer Mongolia!!!! ****in money grabber (yes i would take more money but that aint the point :wink: ) If that was the reason get a house in between pillock, his wife does nothing but sit on her fat lazy arse and sponge off him anyway. He could just buy her a yearly train pass to manchester..... JUDAS JUDAS.

Sigh.... feel better for that.

Gutted, stupid move though. Everyone knows Souness is a lunatic (even if he is the same nationality as Dickov)... Can't see him getting the full 90 minutes to often (if ever). A bit of loyality, but maybe he got the nudge from the long haired general, she didn't seem too impressed about the way the arrest was handled (or the lack of info she got from Micky).

Not to sore though, good luck to Paul and his family, pity you couldn't stay. Feel welcome to come back anytime!!

Im in Tenerife at the mo soaking up the sun so this is the first ive heard of this news. But if it is true that his missus is from Manchester then it sounds like he has had an ultimatum from her to either move back north or he leaves him after what happened in La Manga. She has totally got her thumb down on him, i saw them both in Loughborough a year or so ago and he literally had to beg her to let him go in the sports shop. He is certainly not a legend at City and for me if he comes back here with Blackburn he should get a hostile welcome. Just feel extremely disappointed that the club has supported and backed him through possibly the toughest spell of his career and this is how he repays them what a TW*T. Use to love this guy, no matter how the game was going he always put in 110% now as far as im concerned he can go to hell for letting the club and supporters down

As many of you know, I came on to this board because I couldn't believe in the La Manga story, as I honestly felt I knew Paul Dickov and knew that he would never do anything dishonourable. To my mind he was a legend.
I can't tell you how gutted I am over his decision to go with the Souey mob, after the love and support and total belief he's had from me, and this forum generally. If I see him playing for Blackburn - which I doubt, as he'll be there as geriatric super sub - I'll throw my Krug 1982 at my B&O telly screen. That's how deeply I feel.
Betrayed.
Paul Dickov, I am trying to understand. I bet you and your family had a lovely home in Altrincham or Alderley Edge in blingblingland, and you want to get back to it. I know that you want to spend the rest of your career saving for that Leisure Centre/hotel complex you'd like to own in Fuengirola/Benindat. All strength to your little elbow.
But personally, you let me and my adopted city, and my adopted team, down.
You're a Judas.
All of us in our time have been offered 30 pieces of silver, and I'm at the stage in my career when I take silly money, as I just did, from the Male on Sunday. But I did it ironically, and everyone who knows me will see the joke, and enjoy the laff, as I do.
Dickov, what you did to us isn't a joke in any sense. You lied. You're a liar.
I hope you can live with it.
For my part, I'll never forget it. And I'll hound you for the rest of your playing career for being a lying toerag to those who believed in what you said to your former fans here in Leicester.
Whenever my opinion is sought, as it will be continually in the next few months, I'll mention you as being the example of what's wrong in the mens' professional game of football. Your loyalty can be bought. You gave lip-service and endeavour to a team which saved you from obscurity, but in the end, Alderley Edge with its cheap pretensions of sham Tudor architecture and MDF oak-style beams holds you to its Tory heart.
You could have been a contender, as they say. You're a sham.
Live with it. And without me, and Malf, and all the good guys on this board.
Crawl back into obscurity.
Live a life with money, and without respect.

Innocent said:
As many of you know, I came on to this board because I couldn't believe in the La Manga story, as I honestly felt I knew Paul Dickov and knew that he would never do anything dishonourable. To my mind he was a legend.
I can't tell you how gutted I am over his decision to go with the Souey mob, after the love and support and total belief he's had from me, and this forum generally. If I see him playing for Blackburn - which I doubt, as he'll be there as geriatric super sub - I'll throw my Krug 1982 at my B&O telly screen. That's how deeply I feel.
Betrayed.
Paul Dickov, I am trying to understand. I bet you and your family had a lovely home in Altrincham or Alderley Edge in blingblingland, and you want to get back to it. I know that you want to spend the rest of your career saving for that Leisure Centre/hotel complex you'd like to own in Fuengirola/Benindat. All strength to your little elbow.
You're a Judas.
All of us in our time have been offered 30 pieces of silver, and I'm at the stage in my career when I take silly money, as I just did, from the Male on Sunday. But I did it ironically, and everyone who knows me will see the joke, and enjoy the laff, as I do.
For my part, I'll never forget it. And I'll hound you for the rest of your playing career for being a lying toerag to those who believed in what you said to your former fans here in Leicester.
Whenever my opinion is sought, as it will be continually in the next few months, I'll mention you as being the example of what's wrong in the mens' professional game of football. Your loyalty can be bought. You gave lip-service and endeavour to a team which saved you from obscurity, but in the end, Alderley Edge with its cheap pretensions of sham Tudor architecture and MDF oak-style beams holds you to its Tory heart.
Live with it. And without me, and Maff, and all the good guys on this board.

Damn good poat was that!

Fox Fan said:
Innocent said:
Betrayed.
You're a Judas.

Damn good poat was that!

Although I totally agree with the sentiment, can I just have a head scratch? Who the hell is Maff, and what is a Poat?

Innocent said:
Betrayed.
You're a Judas.

Spot on Innocent, words can't express how gutted I am. Dickov epitimises what Leicester are all about and that has just been thrown away by the man himself. I honestly thought he met his wife whilst playing for Arsenal, but obviously not. She seems like a right bitch, he has been forced to move by her I reckon. Anyway Dickov mate if you ever read this, we've turned you from zero to hero and I hope you remember that. Football is just a job to you, but to us it's more than that. You f*cking dare wear the number 22 shirt again though and i'll find you.

Ciaran Donnelly is 22 for Rovers so Dickov will be into the thirties for sure, funny that.

DICKOV IS A LEGEND!

Why is everyone saying he is a 'dickhead' for leaving. He has done his job here and wanted to move back to the premiership where he belongs. He's coming to the end of his career and wants to play football in the highest division he can, as well as wanting to pick up some more money. I would have done the same and I bet all you would have as well. He would also want to make sure that he stayed as a Scottish International which is something he wouldn't have been if he dropped down a division with us.

Dickov came to the club when we were doomed for relegation. That must have took some nerve to come to a club when it was almost certain we were going to be relegated. He scored some goals which were important because they gave us belief for the season ahead. In the following season, he set division 1 on fire and scored lots of important goals and I doubt we would have got promoted without him. He wore his heart on his shirt and put in 110% every game.

In the premiership, he played well in almost every game and he gave us some belief that we could stay up. If it wasn't for him and his goals, we would have no doubt finished bottom, £1 million worse off.

He has now decided to put his La Manga ordeal behind him by moving to another club. He was a great investment by Bassett (about £50K).

Just think of what would have happened if Dickov hadn't joined us when we were relegation certainties. We would have carried on playing crap, went down, not bounce up first time, and we would be in a terrible financial position, and have no future ahead of us. With his work and goals last season, we were able to build a strong financial structure by going up to the premiership. Even though we have now been relegated again, the extra million quid we got (we wouldnt have got it without dickov's pride and passion) will buy us some players good enough for division one, and even good enough for the premiership.

I will miss Dickov loads and I am even sadder now than I was when we were relegated.

Good luck Dickov - you will be missed loads. Thanks for all the work you have done. If it wasn't for you, we would be a mid-table division one side after being relegated for the first time.

The number 22 shirt will always be yours.

City Fan said:
DICKOV IS A LEGEND!

Why is everyone saying he is a 'dickhead' for leaving. He has done his job here and wanted to move back to the premiership where he belongs. He's coming to the end of his career and wants to play football in the highest division he can, as well as wanting to pick up some more money. I would have done the same and I bet all you would have as well. He would also want to make sure that he stayed as a Scottish International which is something he wouldn't have been if he dropped down a division with us.
Dickov came to the club when we were doomed for relegation. That must have took some nerve to come to a club when it was almost certain we were going to be relegated. He scored some goals which were important because they gave us belief for the season ahead. In the following season, he set division 1 on fire and scored lots of important goals and I doubt we would have got promoted without him. He wore his heart on his shirt and put in 110% every game.

In the premiership, he played well in almost every game and he gave us some belief that we could stay up. If it wasn't for him and his goals, we would have no doubt finished bottom, £1 million worse off.

He has now decided to put his La Manga ordeal behind him by moving to another club. He was a great investment by Bassett (about £50K).

Just think of what would have happened if Dickov hadn't joined us when we were relegation certainties. We would have carried on playing crap, went down, not bounce up first time, and we would be in a terrible financial position, and have no future ahead of us. With his work and goals last season, we were able to build a strong financial structure by going up to the premiership. Even though we have now been relegated again, the extra million quid we got (we wouldnt have got it without dickov's pride and passion) will buy us some players good enough for division one, and even good enough for the premiership.

I will miss Dickov loads and I am even sadder now than I was when we were relegated.

Good luck Dickov - you will be missed loads. Thanks for all the work you have done. If it wasn't for you, we would be a mid-table division one side after being relegated for the first time.

The number 22 shirt will always be yours.

I agree with everything except your first paragraph. Firstly, Leicester offered Dickov the same money he will be getting at Blackburn. Secondly, if he doesn't get in at Blackburn he'll leave for first team football, no doubt to a division one team and what will he have gained? And thirdly he would still definately get in for Scotland even if we we're in division one as will Canero. Thanks

I think Dickov has moved to the premiership so that his chances of being picked for Scotland are better. The Vogts is a fickle twat, he'll not see the wood for the trees. Presumptious and foolish.

Joe_Fox said:
I think Dickov has moved to the premiership so that his chances of being picked for Scotland are better. The Vogts is a fickle twat, he'll not see the wood for the trees. Presumptious and foolish.

That isn't the reason, Vogts will play anyone.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

That isn't the reason, Vogts will play anyone.

Ok, the reason he moved is because he is under the thumb.

City Fan said:
DICKOV IS A LEGEND!

Why is everyone saying he is a 'dickhead' for leaving.

Because he told us he was staying. Is that clear enough?
So many of us believed that he was only seeing other clubs so that he could get a better deal at Leicester - NOT that he would actually leave, after he'd promised to stay.

Innocent said:
City Fan said:
DICKOV IS A LEGEND!

Why is everyone saying he is a 'dickhead' for leaving.

Because he told us he was staying. Is that clear enough?
So many of us believed that he was only seeing other clubs so that he could get a better deal at Leicester - NOT that he would actually leave, after he'd promised to stay.

Tarnished memries now, that's all we have.

It makes me feel sick when I think about how we bought Morris for more money than we got for Dickov...... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566