Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
beighton155 said:
Personally I believe that is bullshite, after so many dire performances I think the players and management need to start earning their support again. I don't condone booing, but there is precious little happening at the moment to get me standing up and cheering, it's a two-way relationship and so far the players aren't holding up their end.

So you are just gonna go to a match, sit there and think "I ain't fekking cheering, you lot are playing sh!te."
What happened to the support part of being a supporter?
As a fan, one of the ways to help the club is to cheer them on, and if we are not gonna do that, who will?

are you going sat coz im dreeding whats going to channted ,after that game ,im hoping we get behind the team as they are the ones that have to get us out of this lets see if we can help swing things sod cl

get behind the lad they can do it ,if you dont belive me go wacth the cup game angain and again untill you can belive its working for me just :eek: :) :icon_roll

lcfcrules said:
So you are just gonna go to a match, sit there and think "I ain't fekking cheering, you lot are playing sh!te."
What happened to the support part of being a supporter?
As a fan, one of the ways to help the club is to cheer them on, and if we are not gonna do that, who will?

Dont agree, every time we lose a fecking game, posters turn on the fans for not supporting the team or being fickle, I go pretty much week in and week out and TBH that shower of shite that masquerades as a supposed management team and team of players have got off lightly. Maybe if the fans showed the same feckin commitment as those overpaid primadonnas then there would be about 50 people turning up not the 20k or so to home games and the 1500 or so that goto many away games. The team were well supported yesterday until late on, now I dont condone booing through a match or having a pop at player's or the manager during a game, IMO it should be left to the after the final whistle, but I also cannot blame the fustration of people who spend their hard earned money following the club all over the country to then witness that diabolical shambles.

Realise the buck stops with the manager and playing staff, if they gave 110% every week the fans would accept defeat, at the moment we aint seeing anything like that, so dont put the blame back on the fans, the shit we are in is with the manager and his squad end of !

LS6_Fox said:
I'm sorry Alex, but Hamill is a appalling and should never play for Leicester again. He was truly woeful yesterday, he is far too lightweight and continually looks out of his depth.

im of the same opinion.....and as for kisnorbo and maybury :icon_roll

What would be the point in sacking CL, we would lose a reported 600k as his compensation package and still be left with his players, as the majority of the players he has signed are on 3 - 3 and a half year contracts. Any new manager would then need to try to sell these players to raise any money to bring in his own players. CL needs to wake up and realise that some of the players he has sign are just not good enough for championship football.

In my opinion Hamill, MDV, Kisnorbo and Johansen are out of there depth. I had sympathy for Nils when he was playing left back as this isnt his favoured position but he still looked nervous and was poor when he was switched to CB. We need a left back, i believe that selling Stewart was one of the worst mistakes CL has made since coming here. I know some of you wont agree.

mitcho_uk said:
What would be the point in sacking CL, we would lose a reported 600k as his compensation package and still be left with his players, as the majority of the players he has signed are on 3 - 3 and a half year contracts. Any new manager would then need to try to sell these players to raise any money to bring in his own players. CL needs to wake up and realise that some of the players he has sign are just not good enough for championship football.

In my opinion Hamill, MDV, Kisnorbo and Johansen are out of there depth. I had sympathy for Nils when he was playing left back as this isnt his favoured position but he still looked nervous and was poor when he was switched to CB. We need a left back, i believe that selling Stewart was one of the worst mistakes CL has made since coming here. I know some of you wont agree.

A mistake? Yes. His worst? Not even on the first page.

mitcho_uk said:

Well lets just keep him then, accept relegation to league 1, then we would be in an even worse financial position and would be forced to keep him for even longer. I would imagine he would be unlikely to recieve full compensation for his remaining contract, it would be likely that a compromise would be agreed.

As regards the playing staff, there is probably only 3 or 4 players I would ship out, the rest given the right motivation, as proved last week, can get the results. The performances and results against Sheff Utd and Spurs prove that the problems lie not in the talent but in the mentality, attitude and commitment.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Well lets just keep him then, accept relegation to league 1, then we would be in an even worse financial position and would be forced to keep him for even longer. I would imagine he would be unlikely to recieve full compensation for his remaining contract, it would be likely that a compromise would be agreed.

As regards the playing staff, there is probably only 3 or 4 players I would ship out, the rest given the right motivation, as proved last week, can get the results. The performances and results against Sheff Utd and Spurs prove that the problems lie not in the talent but in the mentality, attitude and commitment.

Which 4 would you get rid of?

Cl does seem to have his favourite players i.e. Hammill, kisnorbo, Maybury at left back that no matter how badly they play in that position he still continues to play them. He doesnt seem to see that some players are just not working well in those positions in the same way that 'we' do IMO.

fcukcov said:
Cl does seem to have his favourite players i.e. Hammill, kisnorbo, Maybury at left back that no matter how badly they play in that position he still continues to play them. He doesnt seem to see that some players are just not working well in those positions in the same way that 'we' do IMO.

he brought those lads in and im sure he believes that the players can be a success thats why he plays them. He wants his transfers to work and that wont happen if he doesnt play them

ScarboroughFox said:
he brought those lads in and im sure he believes that the players can be a success thats why he plays them. He wants his transfers to work and that wont happen if he doesnt play them
Yes i see that but playing players that are consistantly poor is going to do any good for the club either.

LS6_Fox said:
I'm sorry Alex, but Hamill is a appalling and should never play for Leicester again. He was truly woeful yesterday, he is far too lightweight and continually looks out of his depth.

Let me tell you about another lightweight player who once arrived at our club. Muzzy Izzet. Before I get screamed at, I just remember seeing his silly legs for the first time and not believing he would ever be a strong enough player. The lad is allegedly 'one for the future' and I hope he turns out to be a good signing in the end.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Dont agree, every time we lose a fecking game, posters turn on the fans for not supporting the team or being fickle, I go pretty much week in and week out and TBH that shower of shite that masquerades as a supposed management team and team of players have got off lightly. Maybe if the fans showed the same feckin commitment as those overpaid primadonnas then there would be about 50 people turning up not the 20k or so to home games and the 1500 or so that goto many away games. The team were well supported yesterday until late on, now I dont condone booing through a match or having a pop at player's or the manager during a game, IMO it should be left to the after the final whistle, but I also cannot blame the fustration of people who spend their hard earned money following the club all over the country to then witness that diabolical shambles.

Realise the buck stops with the manager and playing staff, if they gave 110% every week the fans would accept defeat, at the moment we aint seeing anything like that, so dont put the blame back on the fans, the shit we are in is with the manager and his squad end of !

Thank you, I am fed up of the fans being blamed for the players actions

alex said:
Let me tell you about another lightweight player who once arrived at our club. Muzzy Izzet. Before I get screamed at, I just remember seeing his silly legs for the first time and not believing he would ever be a strong enough player. The lad is allegedly 'one for the future' and I hope he turns out to be a good signing in the end.

Hamill is not lightweight in appearance Alex, it is more his attitude and ability that is lightweight, the difference between Muzzy and Joe, is that Muzzy quickly demonstrated he had ability.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Hamill is not lightweight in appearance Alex, it is more his attitude and ability that is lightweight, the difference between Muzzy and Joe, is that Muzzy quickly demonstrated he had ability.

Yes, ok....But i am not one to get on a player's back so quickly after joining the club. Ryan Smith adapted immediately, but then he is a truly outstanding prospect and way out of our league....We HAVE to hope players like Hamill, Kismybum, Fryatt, Hume etc develop in to the players who are going to lead this club forward..

alex said:
Yes, ok....But i am not one to get on a player's back so quickly after joining the club. Ryan Smith adapted immediately, but then he is a truly outstanding prospect and way out of our league....We HAVE to hope players like Hamill, Kismybum, Fryatt, Hume etc develop in to the players who are going to lead this club forward..

I know what you are saying but Hamill is complete pish, he is not pacy, not skilful, he rarely beats his man and I have seen nothing to suggest he is one for the future.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

I don't know where I am with Levein. I'm still on the 'don't sack him' side but there are pros and cons to him. I don't think the playing side which he has assembled is too bad in terms of quality, although I do agree that Hamill, Kisnorbo and Maybury in particular have been truly poor. On the other hand, Paddy McCarthy is a fantastic buy, will be captain next year and looks better and better every game (and is one of the few to show some fight). In addition Hume, Ryan Smith and a few others are excellent signings. I think the majority of fans would be able to pick a starting 11 which they would be quite happy with. Somewhere along the lines of Henderson, Stearman, Paddy, Gerrbrand, Johanssen (out of position but best of a bad choice), Hughes, Williams, Joey, Smith, MDV, Hume / Fryatt. So he has assembled a decent team. However, he still has three major problems for me. 1) His consistent picking of PK, AM, JH etc. 2) His tactics - much too defensive and slow tempo. I thought he'd solved this second half v. Spurs but apparently not. 3) His apparent inability to motivate our players.

I understand all of the points of view about sacking him but I just can't see the benefit now. You have to give him a chance to dig himself out of his own mess. If he can't then yes, it will have been too let to do anything about it, but I can't see a viable alternative at the minute. I don't blame the fans for booing his substitutions and chanting 'Levein out' (at the END of the game) as they have their opinions and have paid good money for the right to voice them. However, IMO the best way forward is to back him and more importantly back the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669