Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex said:
CL, what do you do next? Your philosophy was to bring a hungry and young team to us here at The Walkers, but now one wonders whether they have the experience to stomach a relegation battle we are firmly ensconsed in.
Is it worth bringing in a journey-man to steady the ship? Should Dublin be playing every game?

I hate reading how a lot of fans are getting on Hamill's back already, he's a young player who given support will hopefully develop in to a decent player for the club.

All those screaming for his head remember that potentially to move things around drastically now is the biggest gamble of all.

Smith and Gudjohnsson (maybe?) back on Saturday with Fryatt and three points please City.

Sorry but Hammill is poor and not up to it at this level. WHat does he bring to the team? Any one know?

Petdog said:
Sorry but Hammill is poor and not up to it at this level. WHat does he bring to the team? Any one know?

He can take a decent free kick.

Can't think of anything else he brings to us at the moment. But that doesn't mean he's a bad player, he could get better. It's ridiculous for people to say he should never play for us again. Even someone like Steve Walsh had a poor start for us and got booed by the fans, I think he may have turned out OK.

webmaster said:
He can take a decent free kick.

Can't think of anything else he brings to us at the moment. But that doesn't mean he's a bad player, he could get better. It's ridiculous for people to say he should never play for us again. Even someone like Steve Walsh had a poor start for us and got booed by the fans, I think he may have turned out OK.

I wasn't saying anything bad about Hammill as a person and if he plays he gets my support. But I have to question his ability at this level from the games I have seen him. We have better options in the squad IMO. And I hope he can take a decent free kick, he is a pro footballer ffs! Jordan Stewart could take a good free kick and he got bombed out by CL.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Hamill is not lightweight in appearance Alex, it is more his attitude and ability that is lightweight.
Spot on PFKAKTF, I meant lightweight in the sense of going in for tackles, he almost looks afraid, if you have some determination inside you you can challenge anyone. He rarely beats his man and gets knocked off the ball far too easily. IMO I have seen absolutely nothing about him that suggests he could be *one for the future*. If I am proved to be wrong, then fair enough I will admit that, but at the moment in time, he should not be in the first team.

I don't think there is any dilemma at all.

It's just that we have an absurd set up at the Walkers in having a board without any leadership of any sort.

In one of to-days's tabloids the unfortunate and hapless CL states that he has a squad capable of reaching the play-offs but instead they are in a relegation place.

If we scrape clear of relegation under CL, it will not be a vindication of the views of HF. It will simply be that there are three worse sides than a Leicester City performing at one of the most miserable levels in its history. The reason being - by the manager's own admission - that the players are drastically underperforming..

In the above situation, the manager has to go.

I have nothing against CL as a bloke - it's just that he is not the right manager for LCFC and even if we escape relegation, he has already proven that he is not up to the job of taking City in the right direction. And if left in charge for next season, all that will ensue is yet more misery.

highland fox said:
It's me against about 10 of you so I've got no chance.When we aren't relegated I trust you will all apologise:icon_wink ?
There are also 20 odd others on here who don't want him out...feck knows where they are though..

Highlander - I'm with you on this one.

I don't want him out yet, but my patience is wearing thin. Very Thin.

Dunc said:
I don't want him out yet, but my patience is wearing thin. Very Thin.
Same here Dunc. IMO it is up to the manager to instill the motivation into the players regardless of the opposition, the change in desire to win in six days is very worrying.

If he had it in him to change the way the players act he would have done it by now.

If he does have it in him and has been holding off doing it then sack the fecker for being lazy and unprofessional!

Either way he has to go

I don't want him out. How about that then? Actually, to be clear, I don't want him out unless I see a really viable and exciting alternative; which I don't.... Anyone who says Bassett or Gregory deserves to be shat on.

Last edited:
alex said:
I don't want him out. How about that then? Actually, to be clear, I don't want him out unless I see a really viable and exciting alternative; which I don't.... Anyone who says Bassett or Gregory deserves to be shat on....

....finish the phrase alex!

Joe_Fox said:
....finish the phrase alex!

....From a Derby County space ship full of Nottingham Forest fans with their arses haning out....

VOTE FOR SHITE YOU TOSSERS!

alex said:
....From a Derby County space ship full of Nottingham Forest fans with their arses haning out....

VOTE FOR SHITE YOU TOSSERS!

:081: :081: :081: That's the stuff.

Redditch Fox said:

It's just that we have an absurd set up at the Walkers in having a board without any leadership of any sort.
That's exactly the problem. We don't have anyone who is prepared to take responsibility, from the pitch to the boardroom.

I keep wishing I'd win the Euromillions, just so I could take over at the club, and kick some backsides.

Redditch Fox said:

In one of to-days's tabloids the unfortunate and hapless CL states that he has a squad capable of reaching the play-offs but instead they are in a relegation place.

If we scrape clear of relegation under CL, it will not be a vindication of the views of HF. It will simply be that there are three worse sides than a Leicester City performing at one of the most miserable levels in its history. The reason being - by the manager's own admission - that the players are drastically underperforming..

In the above situation, the manager has to go.

I have nothing against CL as a bloke - it's just that he is not the right manager for LCFC and even if we escape relegation, he has already proven that he is not up to the job of taking City in the right direction. And if left in charge for next season, all that will ensue is yet more misery.

Agree completely....

Iv'e always associated City with spirit and fight.
I wouldn't be as fruastrated as I am watching this team as long they showed some passion and that they cared! To me it seems they don't care and that pisses me off the most. We lack leadership across the team from the boardroom to CL to the players on the pitch. CL's post match interviews have as much passion as dodo!! So even if the players can't get themselves motivated, then we have no hope as I can't see CL motivating them! I wish he would get angry, swear at the news repoter or something of the sort...just show some bloody passion! When he first came to the Club there was reports that he head butted a player or referee (can't remember) for having a dissagreement and I thought that showed he had some passion. Obviously not! And think about this........did you ever see the likes of Elliott, Walsh, Taggart, Muzzy, Mad Frank etc walk straight off the pitch without showing thier appreciation to us fans - home or away, and that fcuks me off the most!

Petdog said:
Iv'e always associated City with spirit and fight.
I wouldn't be as fruastrated as I am watching this team as long they showed some passion and that they cared! To me it seems they don't care and that pisses me off the most. We lack leadership across the team from the boardroom to CL to the players on the pitch. CL's post match interviews have as much passion as dodo!! So even if the players can't get themselves motivated, then we have no hope as I can't see CL motivating them! I wish he would get angry, swear at the news repoter or something of the sort...just show some bloody passion! When he first came to the Club there was reports that he head butted a player or referee (can't remember) for having a dissagreement and I thought that showed he had some passion. Obviously not! And think about this........did you ever see the likes of Elliott, Walsh, Taggart, Muzzy, Mad Frank etc walk straight off the pitch without showing thier appreciation to us fans - home or away, and that fcuks me off the most!

Quite agree. Its not much to ask when you've spent £50 + and travelled for hours to see your team, for them to show a little appreciation of the fans loyalty. Especially after you've had to endure them performing like a bunch of muppets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669