Disabled Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, I would like to apologise to the young disabled fan and his carer (I think it was his dad) who were left stranded at the bus stop on Leicester Road by the 85 bus after the 84 had broken down on the hill. Everyone from that bus pushed in front of him. Hope you didn't miss kick off if you're on this forum.

The look of complete and utter disappointment at the situation on his face said it all really.

I believe the Health and Safety is an excuse because you will still get disabled people sitting in the popular seats. Some of them will simply pay full price. This is what the gentleman who sits next to me is going to do. If you are lucky with the people around you then the repartee and conversation is part of the enjoyment of the game.

I wonder what excuse they will come up with in the future to try and get Senior Citizens to the less popular seats,

Safety is as much about protection from law suits as looking after people. If the club knows there are disabled people in a particular place then they have to have measures in place to look after them in an emergency. If they can demonstrate that they had no idea the person was disabled and that they had been informed of the designated areas then they would be off the hook.

Personally I can see no reason why disabled supporters should get in cheaper than anyone else anyway.

I have seen disabled people on flights, do they get their flight tickets cheaper ?

I get free tickets if I go with her to the cinema, vfestical, glasto, west end shows and many other things. Do I care for her? Yes I do, but there are different levels of care.
This is a serious question asked despite the risk of furthering the controversy, how much enjoyment does a deaf girl get out of Glasto / V?

This is a serious question asked despite the risk of furthering the controversy, how much enjoyment does a deaf girl get out of Glasto / V?

Who cares? As long as she gets someone in for free. :icon_roll

Why does anyone go to V and Glasto? It's not just about the music. If it was people would just sit at home and listen to a CD. There is plenty of other stuff going that she can enjoy.

She might not be able to hear the lyrics of songs, but can still feel the music and can often distinguish one song from the next. If she can't I'll tell her what song it is.

She will read the lyrics of songs on the net so she knows exactly what they are saying and when... in fact she's probably better at singing along than me to some music!!

We go to gigs quite a bit and she enjoys them as much as I do.

Having been to a concert given by Evelyn Glennie who is one of the best percussion players in the world, and profoundly deaf, I don't see why deaf people couldn't enjoy the music. There were certainly a lot of deaf people in the audience too.

She says she feels the music through her feet etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669