Disabled Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been to a concert given by Evelyn Glennie who is one of the best percussion players in the world, and profoundly deaf, I don't see why deaf people couldn't enjoy the music. There were certainly a lot of deaf people in the audience too.

She says she feels the music through her feet etc.

She wants to go and see ACDC she will feel it through more then her feet. !!!

If what I said earlier is true that they get a ticket half price and another half price ticker for their carer (which i'm fairly certain is the deal) then they don't get in any cheaper. The tickets are subsidised so they don't end up paying double just to have a carer there who is there first and foremost to look after them.

If what I said earlier is true that they get a ticket half price and another half price ticker for their carer (which i'm fairly certain is the deal) then they don't get in any cheaper. The tickets are subsidised so they don't end up paying double just to have a carer there who is there first and foremost to look after them.

At LCFC, disabled supporters pay, carers go free.

There is a special subsidised rate for disabled people, but you can only get that rate if you sit in a particular section of the ground from next season.

At LCFC, disabled supporters pay, carers go free.

There is a special subsidised rate for disabled people, but you can only get that rate if you sit in a particular section of the ground from next season.

If you don't want to sit in the disabled area, can you pay full price (rather than discounted price) and still get a free carer?

And just when are they going to come up with a proper system for Blue Badge parking?

This is a serious question asked despite the risk of furthering the controversy, how much enjoyment does a deaf girl get out of Glasto / V?

She gets the pleasure of seeing her 'carer' enjoying himself on his free/cheap ticket. What more could she want?

Don't be such an ignorant ****.

Others have said the same thing or nearly so. What is it that makes you judge me an ignorant **** and not them?

Just because you think that the carer should get in free, it doesn't mean that everybody should think the same.

Last edited:
Your telling me that the 'carer goes free' does however go some way to explaining those few disabled spectators who do seem less keen to be in attendance.

oo ya ****er Boc! Can you see the mistake you made?

She gets the pleasure of seeing her 'carer' enjoying himself on his free/cheap ticket. What more could she want?

I've just got in so haven't read the rest of the thread, but I'm sure there are many ways a deaf person can enjoy going to a music festival, just like blind people can enjoy going to football matches.

I'm sure there are some people who abuse the system but it would be difficult to means test it, you either give disabled people special treatment or you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00