Doncaster 0-0 (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Doncaster (H)

:bang::bang::bang:

We're 6th in the ****ing league With a game in hand! How are we not in with a ****ing chance?

Doom and ****ing gloom in this place, argh! It's so bloody frustrating :bang:

And, we drew with Newcastle last week! Top of the league! So how can you say we'd get mauled by any of the teams above us?

Argh!

Personal opinion perhaps? I think we have done well to grind out some good results this season. Our ability overall is quite below Newcastle, West Brom and Cardiff to name 3

Because we're so bloody inconsistent. We scrape along from one game to the next, barely knowing what our best formation/line-up/tactic is, hoping that we can snatch a point here and there to keep us in the top six. I just don't think that we are good enough to keep doing that and win at Wembley in May.

Reading some of the posts and listening to some of the callers/emails/txts to RL, you'd think we were on the brink of relegation.

Get a feckin grip peeps. So we drew, the teams immediately below us lost. We have 2 games in hand on them and gained a point on them.

As for those calling for NP's head, very short memories some people, tossers!

We are not good enough for promotion but we are having a good season. We are still building as a team.

If someone had offered you 6th at any point over the last 6 years in the championship at this stage you would have bit thier hand off.

Because we're so bloody inconsistent. We scrape along from one game to the next, barely knowing what our best formation/line-up/tactic is, hoping that we can snatch a point here and there to keep us in the top six. I just don't think that we are good enough to keep doing that and win at Wembley in May.

SJN, are you not aware that voicing an individual opinion is against the rules? It would make you a negative person. Next you'll be pointing out that despite having a game in hand and only being 7 points behind Liverpool, you can't see Brum making the champions league

:icon_cool

Surely we're more consistent than the teams below us? Hence them being below us?

Fitz, how can you bitch about voicing a personal opinion makes you be seen as a negative person... when a couple of posts ago, you said you'd be happy if the season just ended now with us finishing 7th. How is that NOT a negative opinion? You would take us finishing now in a lower position than we are currently sat in?

We're having a good season, beyond anyone's expectations I think, and I just can't understand why there is so much negativity and gloom about it.

Games in hand are of little consequence if we are unable to capitalise on them.

Games in hand are of little consequence if we are unable to capitalise on them.

But we actually ARE 6th, without the games in hand anyway....

So that doesn't relate to my post at all ;)

We're surely more consistent than the teams below us, and that's why they are below us...

As I say, I just don't understand the negativity.

Especially the idiots calling for Pearson's head. They're just twats.

Last edited:

We're 6th in the ****ing league With a game in hand! How are we not in with a ****ing chance?

And, we drew with Newcastle last week! Top of the league! So how can you say we'd get mauled by any of the teams above us?

Argh!

:038:

Fitz, how can you bitch about voicing a personal opinion makes you be seen as a negative person... when a couple of posts ago, you said you'd be happy if the season just ended now with us finishing 7th. How is that NOT a negative opinion? You would take us finishing now in a lower position than we are currently sat in?

Because I don't think we have a chance of going up and in my opinion a position such as 7th-10th would be an achievement for us that I would be happy with. I'd equally be happy with us finishing where we are now in 6th

I'd be happy if the season finished tomorrow as its boring me, maybe I'm in the minority there.

I wonder if the Fryatt injury had any effect on the players?

There was only Pearson and Oakley who went to see him.

I am not exaggerating when I say one of the poorest games of football I have witnessed ever. Whether that was down to Doncaster's lack of ambition or our lack of urgency, who knows. Fryatt's injury and Gallacher's wanky miss were the only two incidents. Saturday I watched Oxford and Kidderminster draw a blank but there was plenty of industry on show, last night Hinckley whack four past second placed Southport in entertaining game. Didn't see any of that effort on display from either team today, the game took an age and Sullivan alone must had possession of the ball for ten minutes of the ninety.

Seriously, City have got to start being more of an attraction to watch. I don't necessarily mean buying superstar players or playing Arsenal esque football. But there needs to be more of a pull (attacking effort being one attraction), else the club are going to be shocked at the lack of st renewals.

Last edited:
Lackluster.

I know we will bounce back so im happy to move onto the next game.

Consistency is a real problem with this group of players, but at least we are not losing these type of games. Which is the difference between ourselves and say...Derby at the moment.

Doncaster tactics made me violently sick. Negative isnt the word!

Doncaster did well and will be very satisfied with the point. They've lost their last four games and needed to stop the rot as they were slipping down the league. We cannot complain about their tactics.

However, that is now four out of the last five league games we've failed to score. And just one win in seven games. We don't look threatening and we don't look especially confident either.

We are hanging in there in terms of our league position but I think we've got a lot less chance of finishing top six now than seemed the case a few weeks ago. There are a mass of clubs just below us now and unless we find some wins soon, we'll start sinking.

I cannot see where the goal threat is going to come from. If Fryatt is out for a while, we have nobody who appears to be capable of scoring consistently.

Thought Wellens was much better tonight though.

Argh!

I hope to **** we don't get promoted this season. The miserable bastards around me and on here will be ****ing unbearable as soon as we are not beating the teams we should be like Wolves and Burnley.

Today we lost our main attacking option through a disgusting challenge and then continued to press all game. Their defence were superb and meant that any last ball we tried to play was either blocked or played under intense pressure, and we couldn't break them down.

Only thing I would have changed was perhaps to bring on Howard earlier, however N'Guessen had a cracking game so wouldn't have taken him off earlier.

Doncaster did well and will be very satisfied with the point. They've lost their last four games and needed to stop the rot as they were slipping down the league. We cannot complain about their tactics.

However, that is now four out of the last five league games we've failed to score. And just one win in seven games. We don't look threatening and we don't look especially confident either.

We are hanging in there in terms of our league position but I think we've got a lot less chance of finishing top six now than seemed the case a few weeks ago. There are a mass of clubs just below us now and unless we find some wins soon, we'll start sinking.

I cannot see where the goal threat is going to come from. If Fryatt is out for a while, we have nobody who appears to be capable of scoring consistently.

Thought Wellens was much better tonight though.

O i understand it and congratulations to them but as a football fan it still makes my insides hurt watching it.

Wellens annoys the fcuk out of me. He's obviously got the talent but why the hell does he have to try the killer ball every time?
Sure it looks nice when it comes off but that's only about once a match at the moment. Several times there is a much better option to pass to but he choses to smash it 95 yards to no one.

Seriously, City have got to start being more of an attraction to watch. I don't necessarily mean buying superstar players or playing Arsenal esque football. But there needs to be more of a pull (attacking effort being one attraction), else the club are going to be shocked at the lack of st renewals.

I agree. I could barely keep my eyes open this evening it was so dull. The thought of shelling out a few hundred quid sometime soon to commit to another season doesn't appeal.

The crowd tonight was the lowest of the season despite some special offer being on for kids and a decent following from Doncaster. There was zero atmosphere or excitement from anywhere.

The only time any noise was made was when the Doncaster defender got booed everytime he touched the ball. They thought he was the one who clashed with Fryatt. He wasn't.

Because I don't think we have a chance of going up and in my opinion a position such as 7th-10th would be an achievement for us that I would be happy with. I'd equally be happy with us finishing where we are now in 6th

I'd be happy if the season finished tomorrow as its boring me, maybe I'm in the minority there.

I am not bored with the season though I was frustrated with tonight's performance. The most entertaining thing about the match was the kicking of the Doncaster goalkeeper.
The tactics did not work but it was not tactics that caused Gallagher's miss or the dreadful final balls into the box. I do think, however, that there is a case for reverting to the big man/smaller man tactic.

Nottingham Fox wondered whether Fryatt being injured affected the players but after ten minutes I was complaining that we were being outfought and outplayed.

From the angle I was looking there did not seem anything malicious about the injury to Matty and Nigel seemed more concerned than angry.
People in the Kop will have had a better view. What was their impression?

Argh!

:038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00