Doncaster 0-0 (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What short memories people have. Yes being in League 1 last year was a right good jolly. Winning games in League 1 is different to winning games in the championship. We have improved and find ourselves in 6th, 1 point ahead with 2 games in hand and yet people would on here seem to think we should be better than this.

I'd have certainly taken that this season and as Alex said i'd rather be boring and be in 6th place than be entertaining and in the relegation fight.

Take this season for what it is, a building season. If we manage to sneak into the play offs then fantastic, we have probably over achieved, but if we dont then a higher mid table place is a great achievement and something to build on for next year.

I certainly see this as an improvement on last year which was all very nice but certainly not somewhere we wanted to be. Chill out guys, we are doing well without being outstanding. All it needs is a little tinkering next season and we could be challenging for the title.

I would probably look at getting a short term replacement for Fryatt though as a lot is created from him. Can't think of anyone off hand though.

Agreed, especially the bit about a little tinkinger next season. We've got a good spine to the team and I think 3/4 more quality players will see us challenging for automatic promotion next year.

Take this season for what it is, a building season. If we manage to sneak into the play offs then fantastic, we have probably over achieved, but if we dont then a higher mid table place is a great achievement and something to build on for next year.

Some realism and some sense. Full marks...

and to think some on here thought we would win quite easily ie scoring at least 3 past them.....

Oh god, it always comes down to this doesn't it ?

We should be grateful for where we are
We would have taken this position at the start of the season
We've come a long way from this time last year
With a couple more top quality signings we're on our way next season

This is a thread about last night's game, where we we were a complete and utter pile of shit from the first minute to the last. It's about how pathetic we were against a pissy no-mark team who were there for the taking, and it's about we once again pissed two points away down the shitter. It was pitiful

So please don't placate me with your views about I should be soooooooo grateful for everything - put it another dullard thread if you must

It's not as if you are right. If we don't go up this year, then it is entirely possible that we will be waving bye bye to Fryatt, King, one or two others, and maybe even Pearson himself, and we will be back to John Gregory and signing bargain basement no-marks from the back of the unwanted pile

This is a thread about last night's game, where we we were a complete and utter pile of shit from the first minute to the last. It's about how pathetic we were against a pissy no-mark team who were there for the taking, and it's about we once again pissed two points away down the shitter. It was pitiful

So please don't placate me with your views about I should be soooooooo grateful for everything - put it another dullard thread if you must

It's not as if you are right. If we don't go up this year, then it is entirely possible that we will be waving bye bye to Fryatt, King, one or two others, and maybe even Pearson himself, and we will be back to John Gregory and signing bargain basement no-marks from the back of the unwanted pile

You don't think the people saying we are ****ed are being a bit over dramatic?

Quote of the day yesterday, when I think Berner had the ball 25 yards out in the first half:

Blue Mongie 1:"Shoot"

**Berner shoots about 10 yards over**

Blue Mongie 2 (sat next to BM1):"Idiot...don't listen to the crowd"

It's also entirely possible that they will all be staying, no one knows but adequete replacements may be found if they did go. IMO weather its wrong or right, i think we are goldmine to manage. Success is possible with the spine of this team in this division. Add in a few more players of quality and we will be there or there abouts.

Milan isn't stoopid. he knows where the money is and thats the premier league. If he thinks we've got a chance this year, he'll find some moolah from somewhere to get a replacement for Fryatt albeit probably on loan.

Why would we back to john gregory when with all the managers we have had over the last 3 years, he's not come close to being appointed.

We were crap last night against a team who set out to defend and maybe catch us on the counter attack. It happened loads last year down the walkers and most of the time we managed to grind out results. This year its even harder as teams are better and a few frustrating results shouldn't get the doom and gloom merchants out. Our away form shows this. Teams are more open to attack at home and when we don't sit back we quite often come out on top away from home cus we have a little more quality.

I take it all back, this site is rational compared to Bentley's Roof, there's an entire thread of people on there saying Pearson should be got rid of and we'd be better off without him.

Wellens was ****ing crap yesterday, I have no idea why Pearson changed a winning side. We stopped looking as though we even had a remote chance of winning when Gallagher went off, although another striker on the pitch would have done a better job than Dyer. What was NP thinking? - 'There's no space whatsoever in their half..... I know, I'll put a winger on that only works in open games and leave my big striker sat twiddling his thumbs until the 88th minute'.

I liked the system we played at Blackpool, Pearson played something similar last night but it didn't work and should have been completely scrapped when Fryatt went or when he felt the urge to remove Gallagher from the game.

On the plus side I thought Brown played quite well and we managed a clean sheet....... That is all.

Nothing a couple of emergency loans won't solve though;)

Last edited:
What confused me last night was that you could see 0-0 all over it from the first few minutes and yet it didnt drag on, for some reason the match seemed to fly by.

Before you knew it it was the 89th minute...

...and can someone please tell me what THE HELL happened between their keeper and Waghorn in the first half? I caught a glimpse of them wrestling each other in the goal nets ???

no but some thought it would be easy :)

Yeh the players.

Regardless of what season we've had (and don't think anyone on here is calling for Pearson's head), last night as a spectacle was a null event. If it didn't involve Leicester, you'd have turned it off the telly.

I just couldn't believe that there wasn't one player who had 'a go' second half and try to create something.

If he thinks we've got a chance this year, he'll find some moolah

Why would we back to john gregory when with all the managers we have had over the last 3 years, he's not come close to being appointed.
[\quote]

Well we have a chance with one of the poorest division line up's in ages, no dosh.

Gregory got interviewed last time out....

Praise the Lord, a bit perspective as far as the purpose of the thread goes.

What confused me last night was that you could see 0-0 all over it from the first few minutes and yet it didnt drag on, for some reason the match seemed to fly by.

Before you knew it it was the 89th minute...

...and can someone please tell me what THE HELL happened between their keeper and Waghorn in the first half? I caught a glimpse of them wrestling each other in the goal nets ???

Looked like Waghorn was treading on Sullivan's toes and being a pest, Sullivan tried to push him away (fair enough) and they ended up grabbing on to each other and falling over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00