Doncaster 0-0 (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massively disappointing after the results against Newcastle and Blackpool. All the more so with those teams and others slipping up tonight. However we have games in hand and we are still sixth
It's just typical Leicester, we can bounce back against Scunthorpe and an opportuity to put things right away at Donny. It's time for players like Waghorn, Gallagher and Kermogant to step up their game though now Fryatt is out.

We are not scoring enough goals simple as.

One good win could turn it around though.

Roll on the weekend not Summer.

It's no wonder that the team is so inconsistent when NP doesn't even know his best team.

Just look at Brum to see what picking the same team week in week out does for the results.

He doesn't even pick the same side when it's possible.

Doncaster did well to to control the pace of the game tonight and slow it right down. They kept the ball on the deck and didnt look to play any sort of long ball game. I didnt like the solo striker formation, and I think Waghorn struggled with it.

Our best chance was missed by Gallaghers attempt at a showboat finish - he had plenty of time to compose himself and look to place it or go round the keeper (who's kicking was laughable tonight) but went for the chip.

A frustrating night, but not frustrating enough to make me want to join in with the boo boys at the end.

I've not said a bad word about NP all season, but I have to say his decision to bring on Lloyd Dyer was horrendous.

We were thoroughly dominating the second half til that point, we really didn't need to change, then some idiot fans in the corner started singing Dyer's name and NP buckled under fan pressure. As soon as he came on Donny came back into the game/

Any manager who buckles under fan pressure like that shows an incredible mental weakness, especially when nothing needed to be done at that point.

Well that was fun!:icon_conf

Was Wellens playing for Donny tonight- cos I was thinking he'd forgot he moved to us.....

I really don't know why NP brought him straight back in, playing three of them upsets the balance of the team imo, and tbh there was no reason why he needed to change the starting line up from satdee.........

Still waiting to see the footage from the Fryatt thing, cos from where we sat my first thoughts were it was a penalty, then he collapsed in a heap, ref waved play on and Oakley should've got his shot on target......ref should've blew up straight away the way Fryatt went down though.....ffs useless inept tosser.

We had a bit of a 10 min spell after the break where we pushed forward but Donny seemed quite content to slow the game down and hold out for the point. We just seemed incapable of breaking them down. Gallagher was back to being cack.......We look rubbish playing one man upfront(at home ffs!) and what the feck is the point of bringing a big man on with a couple of minutes to go!!

Anyhoo photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=153356&id=677852270&saved#!/album.php?aid=153356&id=677852270

I said to the Mrs about 20mins into the game how Fryatt looked like the only person with any actual creativity and spark. Knew we were fecked when he went off!

Re: Doncaster (H)

for ****s sake, this is quite easily the most bored I have been with a season

I am happier being bored and in & around the play off areas than not and being in & around the relegation places.

I've not said a bad word about NP all season, but I have to say his decision to bring on Lloyd Dyer was horrendous.

We were thoroughly dominating the second half til that point, we really didn't need to change, then some idiot fans in the corner started singing Dyer's name and NP buckled under fan pressure. As soon as he came on Donny came back into the game/

Any manager who buckles under fan pressure like that shows an incredible mental weakness, especially when nothing needed to be done at that point.

If you think he buckled and only brought Dyer on because some fans were singing his name then I can't reason with you any longer. The fans in the corner of the Kop only started singing his name when he took his tracksuit off on the bench, so I assume you must be referring to another corner?

I had a funny feeling we'd play like this last night after the decent performances against Newcastle and Blackpool.

Even so, we've picked up 5 points out of a possible 9 in our last three games, kept 2 clean sheets and are showing ourselves to be very hard to beat. Yes, the lack of goals is a little concerning but this has been the same story all season and we remain in the play-off places.

But-hey.... we're doing alright. It's frustraiting at times but, on the whole, I think we're getting there.

Have to say I am a little confused people!! We were promoted from the third tier of English football last season and currently are sixth in the second tier of English football and yet some of you are bored!!??? WTF grow up we are doing very well and beyond most peoples expectations! We are unbeaten in three games in which two of them kept a clean sheet which means the defence is improving. I am also confused how people can moan we can't score goals and then in the next sentence put us in a relegation battle because fryatt is injured. Some of this clubs fans are an embarrassment!!!!

Bad day at the office, opposition set their stall out to frustrate and block, but that's what many away teams do and hope for a set peice or lucky break. We have to cope with that and beat it.

Lack of ideas and conviction around the penalty area. Shocking finishing (when the chance arose) and a poor crowd unable to charge the atmosphere because there was little to cheer.

We move on, damage to our position was minimal, but we need to pull our drawers up and finish when chances arise.

Last edited:
Have to say I am a little confused people!! We were promoted from the third tier of English football last season and currently are sixth in the second tier of English football and yet some of you are bored!!??? WTF grow up we are doing very well and beyond most peoples expectations! We are unbeaten in three games in which two of them kept a clean sheet which means the defence is improving. I am also confused how people can moan we can't score goals and then in the next sentence put us in a relegation battle because fryatt is injured. Some of this clubs fans are an embarrassment!!!!

:038:

Like I said elsewhere, if we get promoted the same fans will be moaning and shouting when we don't beat Wolves or Burnley or similar, teams "we should be hammering" etc.

It was a spineless, clueless peerformance from start to finish

The decision to drop Waghorn was simply stupid. The 4-3-3 system only works when there is pace and movement up front and Gallagher fannied around the pitch like a complete feckin' pansy. His performance was embarrassing in the extreme, and he should have been hauled off at half time. Sadly he wasn't and we were forced to witness one of the most pathetic attempts on goal I think I have ever seen, from or one and only chance of the whole game

We created nothing, against a piss poor side who simply sat back and did feck all. It was truly awful in every way

And besides creating precisely feck all all night, we just carried on with the same system as each painful agonising minute passed by.

Why bring on Dyer and then stick him on the right hand side for fifteen minutes where he doesn't get a single kick of the ball ?

And why wait until the 88th minute to bring on Howard (taking off our only creative player on the night in the process).

What's the feckin' point of that, you wankpiece ? It was crying out for something different (anything, absolutely feckin' anything) and we just play on in the same hopeless way getting feckin' nowhere

Utterly, utterly clueless

Oh to be a football manager, if you make changes and win you're brilliant, if you make changes and don't win you're ****ing useless.

Maybe some of you can now see why NP doesn't get carried away when we win or slash his wrists when we don't.

Think some so called fans could do with taking a leaf out of his book!

Re: Doncaster (H)

Personal opinion perhaps? I think we have done well to grind out some good results this season. Our ability overall is quite below Newcastle, West Brom and Cardiff to name 3
Goal difference never lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00