Doping Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds silly but whenever anyone here in the US asks me what I miss most about the UK I always reply, "cheese." I haven't found any decent cheese here and in the area I live it's difficult to find good imported stuff.

It sounds silly but whenever anyone here in the US asks me what I miss most about the UK I always reply, "cheese." I haven't found any decent cheese here and in the area I live it's difficult to find good imported stuff.
Can you send cheese by AirMail? We could get some kind of care package going where you send me butterfingers. And just to confirm that is not a euphemism....
240px-Butterfinger_wrapped.jpg

On a visit to America I wanted to try an interesting cheese and Walmart directed me to the Foreign cheese counter. American cheese is too mild for my taste - as is their coffee. In fairness I must say most of the food in America was excellent.

Which cheese, though, DG? I find a soft French cheese leaves me feeling quite lackadaisical.

If it is in a baguette or sandwich then I prefer Red Leicester although cheddar is quite acceptable.
Traditionally Stilton is supposed to go well with port though I enjoy it last thing at night with a whisky.
Morrisons sells a "Red Hot Dutch" which is a very good present for someone you dislike.

...there is a very good butcher shop very close by, or is it the same shop? You can get tongue and cheek there.

Now that has got to be a euphemism!

Watching the video, it does seem like he's giving it the big one to get clients, rather than having a raft of clients.

It reminds me a bit of that advert for a law firm that's on at the minute. It says something like "we've won lots of cases for lots of people but client confidentiality prevents us from saying how or who."

I agree, that was my feeling - he's trying to sell his 'wares and expertise' to some poor sucker and blagging it ti make an impression. It's not surprising he mentioned Arsenal and Chelsea, being in London, then probably added City as an afterthought because we've been in the news lately with most of the same team, playing most of the time. A Doc might be able to improve stamina with drugs - but there ain't no tablet you can give someone to score ( or save) a goal.

Sorry - I didn't realise the discussion had moved away from the title - now back to the importance of cheese -

Mawsley's excellent cartoon mentions monkey hormones and is a reminder that doping is not new. No doubt some members of the forum will not understand the allusion.

In the 1930s Wolves were managed by Major Frank Buckley. He insisted that the players have injections of monkey glands and the Wolves performances improved significantly. This caused quite a scandal at the time. Journalists were convinced that the monkey glands were responsible for Wolves success. However, this seems unlikely. One of Buckley's players was Stan Cullis who took over from Buckley as manager and was clearly unimpressed. Under Cullis the monkey gland injections ceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669