Doping Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation, but I heard watching MOTD that a player was dropped pending an investigation. It didn't elaborate. I can't remember who or what team as I was only half watching it.

It will be interesting to see if any of our regulars are missing today. I hope not.

Probably referring to Agbonlahor (sp). Dropped after photos of him with a shisha pipe in Turkey.

I can't see any other article naming or hinting at players or teams. I wonder if they aren't as confident in the Times as they themselves are?

It will only bollocks them up if they have something to hide. Personally I don't think they are guilty of anything.
Watching the video, it does seem like he's giving it the big one to get clients, rather than having a raft of clients.

It reminds me a bit of that advert for a law firm that's on at the minute. It says something like "we've won lots of cases for lots of people but client confidentiality prevents us from saying how or who."

Who's they?
Articles like BBC and Guardian have reported the news but stopped short of any indication of who is supposedly involved. I've not read he Times article, but if that mentions us I'm not sure why others aren't, unless they are worried about it being libel.

Articles like BBC and Guardian have reported the news but stopped short of any indication of who is supposedly involved. I've not read he Times article, but if that mentions us I'm not sure why others aren't, unless they are worried about it being libel.

They are all quoting from The Times I think...

Still think its bullshit, if the 'Times' had any evidence other than this video they would have gone for the jugular, and named names.

Still think its bullshit, if the 'Times' had any evidence other than this video they would have gone for the jugular, and named names.

Actually, it's all too depressingly plausible. The Sharapova revelations just recently lifted the lid on the widespread grey area of athletes' apparent misuse of prescribed drugs for medical conditions, and the article seems to be more about that than the concerted doping seen in cycling, athletics etc.

FWIW it isn't even Sunday Times sports journos like David Walsh (busted Lance Armstrong) whose investigation this is, it's the news team which have brought us over the years Thalidomide, Kim Philby, Israeli Nuclear Weapons programme and of course the FIFA bungs expose, none of which qualify as "bullshit".

The article itself seems to target the UKAD anti-drugs unit, whose apparent negligence has prompted the Sports Minister to announce an enquiry. Whether, individuals will start to be named in due course is anyone's guess.

Actually, it's all too depressingly plausible. The Sharapova revelations just recently lifted the lid on the widespread grey area of athletes' apparent misuse of prescribed drugs for medical conditions, and the article seems to be more about that than the concerted doping seen in cycling, athletics etc.

FWIW it isn't even Sunday Times sports journos like David Walsh (busted Lance Armstrong) whose investigation this is, it's the news team which have brought us over the years Thalidomide, Kim Philby, Israeli Nuclear Weapons programme and of course the FIFA bungs expose, none of which qualify as "bullshit".

The article itself seems to target the UKAD anti-drugs unit, whose apparent negligence has prompted the Sports Minister to announce an enquiry. Whether, individuals will start to be named in due course is anyone's guess.

Agreed. It's very very plausible and very likely from what I've seen. Though I don't think it's anything to do with the club, just individuals.

That's why I just hope to feck if any of our players were involved with him it was some no marker from the Sven era and not any of our current players.

I'd actually be a bit more worried if David Walsh was behind this article. His original book on Armstrong was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669