Doping Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the video it says that they don't have any other independent evidence to support his claims so I'd be surprised if they do.

They'll say the same when they release the players names no doubt.

At the end of the video it says that they don't have any other independent evidence to support his claims so I'd be surprised if they do.
The lack of independent evidence won't stop a Murdoch newspaper from publishing what they have. No doubt they will be willing risk Court action if they have names and decide to publish.

True. Am I missing something though, neither the video nor the article mention us, it's just the tweet on the Spurs forum that does?
I feel better about today's game now if it's just Spurs fans saying it's us. I assumed Miles Away had a reliable source or had read the Sunday Times article when he said our players were involved. I'll move this thread to the general football forum.

Speculation, but I heard watching MOTD that a player was dropped pending an investigation. It didn't elaborate. I can't remember who or what team as I was only half watching it.

It will be interesting to see if any of our regulars are missing today. I hope not.

Us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Birmingham are mentioned in the Sunday Times article. The doctor, who doesn't strike me as Mr Reliable, doesn't claim to have been involved with any particular clubs, just that his clients have played for those clubs at some point. It's all a bit sketchy and he's only one doctor.

I'd be surprised if the Times were prepared to go big on this if they weren't sure they had a story and there is bound to be more to come. They've been very good at exposing corruption in sport in recent years. I've no reason to believe that our performances this season are the result of doping. But, equally, I've no reason to believe, if such practices are indeed rife in top level football, that we'd not also be a part of it.

I feel better about today's game now if it's just Spurs fans saying it's us. I assumed Miles Away had a reliable source or had read the Sunday Times article when he said our players were involved. I'll move this thread to the general football forum.

I've read the article. We are named.

Us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Birmingham are mentioned in the Sunday Times article. The doctor, who doesn't strike me as Mr Reliable, doesn't claim to have been involved with any particular clubs, just that his clients have played for those clubs at some point. It's all a bit sketchy and he's only one doctor.

I'd be surprised if the Times were prepared to go big on this if they weren't sure they had a story and there is bound to be more to come. They've been very good at exposing corruption in sport in recent years. I've no reason to believe that our performances this season are the result of doping. But, equally, I've no reason to believe, if such practices are indeed rife in top level football, that we'd not also be a part of it.

We would also make for a great patsy, wouldn't we? Can leave the big clubs alone, hammer little old Leicester and claim the whole thing is sorted out.

We would also make for a great patsy, wouldn't we? Can leave the big clubs alone, hammer little old Leicester and claim the whole thing is sorted out.

I don't think that's the case. The bigger clubs are more interesting targets for the newspapers at least. I think as much as possible will be done to suppress a story like this. Look at the Fuentes situation in Spain; not a chance anybody is allowing the possibility that Barcelona players have been doped to their eyeballs for the last few years to be exposed. There are suspicions about Milan's 'laboratory' too. This goes on and has done for years. It's in nobody's interests for anything to come of this.

All that said:

"The Sunday Times says it has no independent evidence Bonar treated the players.

Bonar told the Sunday Times he treated the athletes for medical reasons and not to enhance their performance. There is no suggestion the substances were illegal."

Not too sure here but didn't Pearson test his squad on a weekly basis with the whole sports science aspect? The only concern I have is that the Times did the same approach to the expenses scandal, then a whole raft of evidence came flooding in.

All that said:

"The Sunday Times says it has no independent evidence Bonar treated the players.

Bonar told the Sunday Times he treated the athletes for medical reasons and not to enhance their performance. There is no suggestion the substances were illegal."

If you watch the video though he infers that he'll use the medical thing as an explanation when asked beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669