E-Mail to Tim Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
I will agree with you there :038: Be sure to let me know of the best watering holes wont you.

Of course, I may well return the favour of your kind recommendations of establishments for me and my good lady wife to frequent, what was it Copper faced Jacks....fecker !

DurhamFox said:
I fully expect this to happen BB. The place will be awash with the CL out gang if we lose on Sat. TBH they will probably only stay quiet until we go behind or get to half time 0-0.
CL chants will be fully justified after the game if we dont win and show the level of performance and commitment we have recently.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I was at Burnley, but I didnt have an idiot behind me, although I was sat next to one ..........sorry Durham only joking mate!

okey dokey, just the description of a bloke from preston with his daughter that goes to away matches......met such a person. bald (i think) wearing headphones and with his daughter who gave me grief for thinking about going to the plymouth away game, there must be a few up in preston that support city

fitz said:
okey dokey, just the description of a bloke from preston with his daughter that goes to away matches......met such a person. bald (i think) wearing headphones and with his daughter who gave me grief for thinking about going to the plymouth away game, there must be a few up in preston that support city

I tend not to take the daughter to away games, and I have a fine head of hair (!), so not guilty squire !

DurhamFox said:
I fully expect this to happen BB. The place will be awash with the CL out gang if we lose on Sat. TBH they will probably only stay quiet until we go behind or get to half time 0-0.

I'd have to say that your CL out stance was too early imo. But i've respected your opinion more and more with every passing week. After the two home failures against Millwall and Crewe i sensed that things were far from right in the city camp, and as for Levein i find his after match explanations both baffling and ridden with weak excuses.

Only just read your mail to TD Thread. Articulate and fair I thought. The response is standard customer service speak isnt it, the sort you get when you write and complain to your bank that your cheque for £1000 has actually been put in someone elses account.

Its indicative of the lack of spirit in the club today, it seems like a firm with management and employees and some annoying never satisfied customers rather than a club a team and a substantial group of committed supporters. However, if we were talking about a manufacturing company or financial institution and performance was this bad I suspect positive action would have been taken long ago to address the issues.

All we can do is make our feeling felt, whatever they are, hope that something clicks and we scrape through.

I can well believe the response from.The club arranged a supporters evening one night and it clashed with a county 20/20 match and also a supporters club event so i emailed him to inform of this oversight and maybe he should look again at the proposed date to maximise attendance. my reply?.............."thanks" and they went ahead with original date and moaned about poor attendance at least you got a whole sentence.

Sums it up really.

What, Tim or the guy in the film? :icon_bigg

:038: Delhi Del.

I can not remember if I posted this at the time, but before christmas I was told that CL had until the end of January to turn it around, if things did not get any better then he was gone.
It was received second hand, but I do believe the source as they know somebody linked with the board.

It has been troubled times at this club for a very long time, the big black cloud has been hanging over all of us, fans, players, managers, board, and it was going to take a big effort to get us out of it. I have supported CL all the way and what he has achieved changing the squad, bringing the age down and longer contracts has been great, on paper probably some of the best young players around, but for some reason he just can not get it out of them on matchdays. I think alot of people were too quick to get on the blokes back and attack what he was trying to do (this is not aimed at anybody in particular), you could argue that they were right all along and I must admit I now do not see how CL can stay at this club and achieve what he said he wanted to do 15 odd months ago, but the fans have played a very big part in this, we all want what is best for this club and want it to be successfull, but some of our fans are far to quick to start moaning and booing when things are not going well and when a manager and players hear this so early they are fighting a loosing battle. This nearly cost us one of our greatest managers in MON and he never let us forget it.
My big worry even if/when CL does go, what happens next? how long will the new manager be given, if he is not a popular choice will he be given a chance? In our current position (not just the league, but as a club) any managers decisions are going to be magnified and even greater if he gets it wrong, MON made mistakes, but these were diluted due to the success we were having.
LCFC fans need to take a long hard look in the mirror and realise that we play a very big part in the success on the field, yes the players need to give us something the cheer about, but I feel we are too quick to get on peoples backs, of course if you feel compelled to protest against the manager that is your right, but please do it at the end of the match, during it I hope you will be supporting the team, helping them get the three points that we desperatley need, regardless of who's is in charge.

lazzer said:
I can well believe the response from.The club arranged a supporters evening one night and it clashed with a county 20/20 match and also a supporters club event so i emailed him to inform of this oversight and maybe he should look again at the proposed date to maximise attendance. my reply?.............."thanks" and they went ahead with original date and moaned about poor attendance at least you got a whole sentence.
The cricket was rained off, luckily for them.....:icon_roll

Naughty Fox said:
on paper probably some of the best young players around

Sorry to be negative but I do think we are tending to be overoptimistic about the quality or potential of our young players. There's not much evidence so far to suggest that they will do any better in the long run than Jordan Stewart for example. So, yes, well done CL for bringing in younger players. But I'll reserve judgement on the actual players for now.

Naughty Fox said:
I hope you will be supporting the team, helping them get the three points that we desperatley need, regardless of who's is in charge.

Absolutely.

quite right we.ve gone from older crapper players to younger crapper players so faster but crapper :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669