ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he has a PayPal account, I have his address, he's transferred the funds to me, I've withdrawn the funds.

Surely that's the end of it?

What could happen?

PayPal could reverse the payment that they made to you. It's very unlikely that they will do so in this case because you have done the right kind of checks to ensure that your buyer is who he says he is.

As I've already said, a 'payment reversal' would take no account of whether you had withdrawn the funds or not. If you had withdrawn the funds, your account would simply go into debit.

No they don't.

You can request a payment from someone who doesn't have a Paypal account by clicking 'Request Money' from your Paypal acount. That will send them an email with a link which allows them to pay by card.
They can become a member at the same time they make the payment, but they don't have to.

True. But that is the very kind of PayPal payment that it would be very wise to avoid, particularly when the sale is high value and the buyer has low feedback.

I thought this issue was sorted. However, I checked my paypal account today and it says the transfer to my bank account is 'completed' and yet the funds are not showing up in my bank account.

Does 'completed' just mean that PayPal have completed their side of the transaction and now it's my bank that need to press some buttons and twist some knobs before I can actually spend the money?

I thought this issue was sorted. However, I checked my paypal account today and it says the transfer to my bank account is 'completed' and yet the funds are not showing up in my bank account.

Does 'completed' just mean that PayPal have completed their side of the transaction and now it's my bank that need to press some buttons and twist some knobs before I can actually spend the money?

Yup

Cool, so how will it take to get into my bank account?

BACS transfers are generally 3-5 working days depending on who you/the other party bank with.

Gotcha, cheers mate. I'll wait until Friday before worrying about it.

oooooooooooooMatron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47