Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Mercury page.

Davids is currently in Holland and in the news as he has split with his long term girlfriend. Apparently he lent her the money to buy a fitness/ yoga centre and now she is being forced to close it down because he wants his investment back. Guess he has more on his mind than just Leicester City.

Leechao, Holland

until he goes elssewhere theres a chance, im a bit unsure, he would certainly be a major coup but not convinced he would still have the legs to be ok

until he goes elssewhere theres a chance, im a bit unsure, he would certainly be a major coup but not convinced he would still have the legs to be ok

I would say there are two chances of this happening: a dog's chance and no chance.

Milan has had his bit of media coverage - and it's good that NP appeared very level headed about it -as usual.

It looks like it will turn out for the best. We are doing exceptionally well at the moment and I would see this type of celeb signing as being not at all worth the risk.

Signing Edgar David’s is a no lose situation.

Firstly it will excite the squad, especially the younger players who will have no doubt grown up idolising him as one of the world’s greatest players of the 90’s era.

He will bring some much needed publicity to the club, improving the clubs damaged image following relegation. It shows intent, it shows were still a big club and it shows were aiming for the Prem and not consolidation.

The guy speaks good English and comes across as a very nice chap, confident and thriving on ability. Just check his interviews on YouTube.

Even as a coach this man would be a good addition to the team.

The only important factor: IS HE FIT ???

Well we trust Nigel Pearson and his team don’t we? We wouldn’t have offered him a substantial contract if he wasn’t.

Therefore I cannot see how this is a bad thing, even if he doesn’t sign we still had some good gossip from it and a nice bit of media exposure.

I think the signing of Davids could be genious! Whilst he may not cut it at this level, when the Januury transfer window opens, we would have a much greater pull for players. It could be the catalyst for more high profile signings and our resultant promotion. I for one hope it happens and may even be tempted to get a 'Davids' shirt!

I personally don't think this will happen now and was purely a publicity stunt. Any how if it has teken him this long to still be making his mind up, he obviously does not really want to play for the club and we're therefore better off without him as we have been down this road before ( ie Dennis Wise, Martin Keown etc etc )

This just isn't going to happen now.

Quite.
It does seem that this may have been a publicity stunt rather than a serious attempt to sign Davids. I really cannot see Edgar Davids in a blue funk at the possibility of Leicester City pulling out of a deal for his services!

Quite.
It does seem that this may have been a publicity stunt rather than a serious attempt to sign Davids. I really cannot see Edgar Davids in a blue funk at the possibility of Leicester City pulling out of a deal for his services!

Possibly Milan is tired of him possibly trying to squeeze another couple of grand out of another club.

He is telling Davids that if he is serious about considering Leicester then sign or sod off!

After all IF he were to sign for us AND he was good, then desperate Prem clubs with lots more money will beat a path to our/his door in January.

i think he will sign tonight some time, and the news will be broken during the arsenal lpool game.

i think he will sign tonight some time, and the news will be broken during the arsenal lpool game.

Why get your hopes and others hopes up. He isn't going to sign at 8 o'clock is he and even if he did it wouldn't be announced. This is getting so boring now, the most annoying thing is people saying that he is going to sign whenever when they don't have a clue. I hope tomorrow he doesen't sign and we can close this tedious thread.

Why get your hopes and others hopes up. He isn't going to sign at 8 o'clock is he and even if he did it wouldn't be announced. This is getting so boring now, the most annoying thing is people saying that he is going to sign whenever when they don't have a clue. I hope tomorrow he doesen't sign and we can close this tedious thread.

i said hope he will, you said hope he doesn't, so your annoying yourself, because you dont have a clue yourself whether he is or isnt. :bang:

i said hope he will, you said hope he doesn't, so your annoying yourself, because you dont have a clue yourself whether he is or isnt. :bang:

No you didn't say hope he will. You said will. I do have a clue Mandaric is my Dad.

i didnt say will, i said i "THINK" he will , tut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00