Euro 2012 or European Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russians being their own worst enemies again. So much talent and promise and a Greek tragedy they meet

Last edited:
Walcott was indeed excellent. And Carroll did better than many had expected. But I was also impressed by Joe Hart. The way he punched the ball out of danger was unusual to see from a non-foreign goalie but I bet Alan Young wasn't impressed... He didn't get much help from his defence for the goals and can hardly be blamed for any of them.

When the Swedes scored their second, did you see Ibrahomivic(their number 10) give JH verbals.
Wonder if JH had a word back as they were going off the pitch. :)

When the Swedes scored their second, did you see Ibrahomivic(their number 10) give JH verbals.
Wonder if JH had a word back as they were going off the pitch. :)

Yeah I saw that, was surprised to have not seen anything about it since.

Bye bye Holland, who's had a miserable tournament, and Denmark. All the Scandinavians can now go home and try to improve their awkward keyboard''s

Ronaldo has finally woken up, but I still believe Germany will win this year.

Last edited:
Looks like Spain-Germany again, doesn't it.

It does, but somehow I believe Spain are more likely to stumble. It doesn't take more than a lapse of concentration against Croatia tomorrow and Italy doing their bit against Ireland. But my money is stil on Spain-Germany in the final

I'm sure I read it could have been a 'due a due' scenario again for Italy, yet the BBC commentator spent the last minutes saying "one goal will take Croatia through". Surely Croatia wouldn't go through with 1-1?

I know the rules are tricky, but that's why there are commentators. Completely spoils the game for the viewer if you're giving misinformation. Amateurs.

Last edited:
Spain and Italy through. The Irish gave the Italians a good fight and Croatia was close to sending Spain out but the group ended as most would have thought

I'm sure I read it could have been a 'due a due' scenario again for Italy, yet the BBC commentator spent the last minutes saying "one goal will take Croatia through". Surely Croatia wouldn't go through with 1-1?

I know the rules are tricky, but that's why there are commentators. Completely spoils the game for the viewer if you're giving misinformation. Amateurs.

Was that at 1-0 to Spain and 1-0 to italy? if so weren't they right?

Surely Croatia wouldn't go through with 1-1?

They would have gone through with 1-1.

That would have left three teams with 5 points, and identical records in the matches against each other. So it would go down to goal difference in the group as a whole - basically, down to the results against Ireland.
Spain would be top on +4. Croatia and Italy would both be on +2, but Croatia would have finished second on goals scored.

Last edited:

That would have left three teams with 5 points, and identical records in the matches against each other. So it would go down to goal difference in the group as a whole - basically, down to the results against Ireland.
Spain would be top on +4. Croatia and Italy would both be on +2, but Croatia would have finished second on goals scored.

The commentators rests their case

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that at 1-0 to Spain and 1-0 to italy? if so weren't they right?

Ah. I guess the 2-2 reference was made because that's how we went through in 2004.

Ah. I guess the 2-2 reference was made because that's how we went through in 2004.

No, the 2-2 thing was because that score would have taken Spain and Croatia through no matter how many Italy beat Ireland by tonight - because they would have scored more goals than Italy in the "mini league" between the three teams on 5 points.
If Italy had won 3-0 tonight, a 1-1 draw wouldn't have been enough for Croatia.

Last edited:
The whole head to head and mini leagues thing is ridiculously complicated. What's wrong with simple goal difference?

Head to head is understandable if it's between two teams... any more than than please just use goal difference!

The whole head to head and mini leagues thing is ridiculously complicated. What's wrong with simple goal difference?

Head to head is understandable if it's between two teams... any more than than please just use goal difference!

No, I think it's good! It's not fair that a team can go through because they score 8 goals against a team that has nothing to play for. But yeah, it's a bit complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69