Euro 2012 or European Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you prove it?
No chance of a mini league tomorrow, so you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

I do know now though that if France and England both lose tomorrow, it's decided through regular GD in the whole group who will proceed. Not that that will ever happen.

‎2008 - Croatia were fined £19,600 by UEFA for fans’ “Neo-Nazi” flags and chants during their quarterfinals loss to Turkey.
2010 - Croatia were fined £27,700 by UEFA when fans in Zagreb abused England striker Emile Heskey.
2012 - Porto fans subject Mario Balotelli to prolonged racist abuse in the Europa League tie and are fined £16,700 by UEFA.

2012 - Bendtner is fined £80,000 by UEFA for revealing sponsored underwear.

#Clampdown...

‎2008 - Croatia were fined £19,600 by UEFA for fans’ “Neo-Nazi” flags and chants during their quarterfinals loss to Turkey.
2010 - Croatia were fined £27,700 by UEFA when fans in Zagreb abused England striker Emile Heskey.
2012 - Porto fans subject Mario Balotelli to prolonged racist abuse in the Europa League tie and are fined £16,700 by UEFA.

2012 - Bendtner is fined £80,000 by UEFA for revealing sponsored underwear.

#Clampdown...

I think it's fair to say that Bendtner has a bit more control over his underpants than a club/country has over the thousands of people following them at a match.

When you look at it like that, yes it's wrong to be fined so much. But, Paddy Power have announced that they're going to pay Bendtner's fine. I'd image UEFA anticipated that and that's why they've set it higher - but it actually still works out as pretty cheap publicity for Paddy Power, who said they didn't pay Bendtner to do it (they said they sent the lucky pants to lots of players who they thought were likely to score). Great PR stunt.

When you look at it like that, yes it's wrong to be fined so much. But, Paddy Power have announced that they're going to pay Bendtner's fine. I'd image UEFA anticipated that and that's why they've set it higher - but it actually still works out as pretty cheap publicity for Paddy Power, who said they didn't pay Bendtner to do it (they said they sent the lucky pants to lots of players who they thought were likely to score). Great PR stunt.

Made even greater by UEFA when you see the publicity this fining gets

Ukraine staring well. England will have to work thier socks off to go through

Ooooh Rooney....Should have scored! Where's Carroll when you need him

45 minutes of complete and utter turd

Rooney's back.....

They said it was 8 months since he scored for England. He's not scored at a tournament since 2004.

I tend to go off into a daze whenever I hear Chiles/Townsend... the most fecking boring men on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00