Euro 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived home today from a weekend in Paris. What a great trip. Was at the Ireland v Sweden game yesterday.
Was great to see two sets of fans enjoying each other's company and sharing a beer or just a handshake without a hint of trouble. We were staying in Monmartre, where the Irish had mainly based themselves. Again both sets of fans sat together in all the bars and restaurants just having a laugh and talking football.
I wouldn't have wanted to be a street cleaner this morning.

Spent Saturday night and Sunday afternoon in the Eifel Tower fan park. Spoke to so many people from lots of different country's all of whom were congratulating us on City's season. Walked past a young Albainian lad waving his flag at us singing Jamie Vardy's Having a party.
The fan park was so well organised with more bars than were actually needed. We didn't queue for a beer once in all the time we were there. A couple of security check points to get in but everything was well organised.
Went to the the other fan park in Paris at stade de France. Nowhere near as good but in a nice setting.

If anyone has the opportunity to get out to Paris, do so, we want to go back.

Arrived home today from a weekend in Paris. What a great trip. Was at the Ireland v Sweden game yesterday.
Was great to see two sets of fans enjoying each other's company and sharing a beer or just a handshake without a hint of trouble. We were staying in Monmartre, where the Irish had mainly based themselves. Again both sets of fans sat together in all the bars and restaurants just having a laugh and talking football.
I wouldn't have wanted to be a street cleaner this morning.

Spent Saturday night and Sunday afternoon in the Eifel Tower fan park. Spoke to so many people from lots of different country's all of whom were congratulating us on City's season. Walked past a young Albainian lad waving his flag at us singing Jamie Vardy's Having a party.
The fan park was so well organised with more bars than were actually needed. We didn't queue for a beer once in all the time we were there. A couple of security check points to get in but everything was well organised.
Went to the the other fan park in Paris at stade de France. Nowhere near as good but in a nice setting.

If anyone has the opportunity to get out to Paris, do so, we want to go back.

I went to that game as well - tremendous atmosphere before, during and after. Credit to both sets of fans.

Russia currently proving how poor England's performance and result against them really was.

Mind-numbing how many 'pundits' saw positives in our feeble effort.
Slovakia's 1st goal, if only England had someone that could hang off the last man ,outsprint him and score...Also, their 2nd goal, Bit like Harry Kane v Arsenal, if only he wasn't taking corners.

France not afraid to make changes. Pogba and Griezmann not in the lineup.
If that's aimed at Woy PPF - I would be staggered if he had the guts to change it. Same old - see how it goes.

To win tomorrow I think we will need to score 2 or 3.

If that's aimed at Woy PPF - I would be staggered if he had the guts to change it. Same old - see how it goes.

To win tomorrow I think we will need to score 2 or 3.
It wasn't really aimed at him, but I'm very aware it could be taken that way.

Genuinely concerned for England playing Wales today...

The stories this morning that Roy was back to experimenting with 4-4-2 in training yesterday doesn't fill me with confidence... Not that it would be a bad idea, but just shocking how unprepared Hodgson is with not knowing his best team or even his best system. It's a mess.

He wants to play 4-3-3 yet didn't think it would be a good idea to take any wingers... He took 5 strikers yet when Harry Kane looked crap and tired against Russia, he decided to ignore the 3 he had on the bench... He seemed to pick his subs at random against Russia, none of them had any logic. He's got our main striker taking corners.

I really hope the FA gets rid of him after this.

If we do get anywhere in the Euros, it's in spite of Hodgson, not because of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4671
8Middlesbro4669