Euro 2024

I just don’t understand Kane as a concept anymore.

He used to be, and assume still is, a lethal finisher. But he appears to have disappeared right up his own arse.

I think he'd be fine in a front 2 still. With someone else doing the leg work. We won't play a 2 and he just gets bored and wanders into his own defence to get involved.

He used to be, and assume still is, a lethal finisher. But he appears to have disappeared right up his own arse.
He just looks injured to me. He isn't moving freely, he isn't running for the ball or with the ball at any great lick. He's a shadow of the player he has been for Bayern. Whatever the cause of it, he needed benching ages ago.

Southgate will be defended heavily once again tonight because we are in a final but he's still completely incompetent. We are in a final that we absolutely should be in given the opposition we've played and we have made it look like a difficult job from game one. Two moments of individual brilliance have saved him from looking a ****. Again. Watkins or Toney must start. Cole Palmer must start. Palmer, Bellingham, Saka and Foden are allowed to be on the same pitch together at some point... These are things that all but Southgate are capable of seeing.

Southgate will be defended heavily once again tonight because we are in a final but he's still completely incompetent. We are in a final that we absolutely should be in given the opposition we've played and we have made it look like a difficult job from game one. Two moments of individual brilliance have saved him from looking a ****. Again. Watkins or Toney must start. Cole Palmer must start. Palmer, Bellingham, Saka and Foden are allowed to be on the same pitch together at some point... These are things that all but Southgate are capable of seeing.
Ze system

That reminds me. Where’s BN got to?

He just looks injured to me. He isn't moving freely, he isn't running for the ball or with the ball at any great lick. He's a shadow of the player he has been for Bayern. Whatever the cause of it, he needed benching ages ago.

Although we have played poorly overall we have got better, much better. Kane has lead the line and perhaps been ineffective but maybe his mere presence on the team creates space for others?

It would be an incredibly brave or stupid manager to change things now we are in a final, would I change Kane for anyone else, at this point in the tournament, absolutely not, it would be journalistic suicide.

Although we have played poorly overall we have got better, much better. Kane has lead the line and perhaps been ineffective but maybe his mere presence on the team creates space for others?

It would be an incredibly brave or stupid manager to change things now we are in a final, would I change Kane for anyone else, at this point in the tournament, absolutely not, it would be journalistic suicide.
Worked well for Alf in 1966

Hmmm, I shall be watching the final from Citi Field, no doubt surrounded by confused Yanks, as I get progressively more frustrated and drunk. I’m sure my family will be chuffed to bits.

Edit - To add, Mainoo is magnificent.

Is he though? My main memories of him at spuds were that he always just shot from anywhere and everywhere so scored more goals.

He seems to drag teams that he’s down all the way down

I’ve never rated the bloke, which I know sounds odd considering the amount of goals he’s scored over the year.

We have put ourselves in the position where we can win the tournament in spite of our poor displays in most games thus far.

I suppose what I am getting at is maybe, just maybe Gareth is a better manager than we give him credit for?

His substitutions have worked well over the last three games and have helped us progress.

Spain, here we come!!

If we’d have played with the right lineup to begin with…
Sometimes players have better impact from the bench by disrupting the flow of the opposition, changing the pace of the game, forcing the opposition to adapt to a different threat, capitalising on tiredness etc. The brand of football on offer might be boring as **** to watch for 89 minutes out of every 90 but if the goal set was to win the tournament he’s pretty well on track.

As for Kane, if he’s shite why have the “big” clubs been sniffing around him his whole career?

I do think Kane is possibly not fully fit but it would be a mad call not to start one of the best strikers in Europe and the nations top goalscorer.

I think the only change we will see for the final will be Shaw coming in for Trippier.

As for Kane, if he’s shite why have the “big” clubs been sniffing around him his whole career?

He’s obviously not shite, in general terms, he’s been ****ing amazing - but he is just completely shite right at this minute

Whether it’s fitness or end of season burnout, or his career is already tailing off - who ****ing knows

What I do know is that he’s been absolutely wank for the whole tournament, and the rest of the team have been carrying him from the first ****ing minute

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34