European Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very simple way to kill this. ALL players at these 6 clubs jointly put in a transfer request.

All players at other clubs then refuse any transfer to these as well.

not going to happen, players wouldn't jeopordise their livlihoods

would you quit your job if the company expanded into a new market?

This is about unsustainable amounts of debt, The Glazers borrowed close to a billion pounds and used Utd as collateral, Spurs borrowed to fund their stadium and now have no fans or NFL games to help pay for it, Real Madrid and Barca are poorly runl along with the Italians.

Yes, I think you're close to nailing one of the motivating factors there. Some of these clubs, whilst having massive revenues, are also perilously leveraged (if that's the word) Real house of cards stuff. The revenue drop has them very concerned that it's all about to collapse.

The worry could be that their reaction is short sighted, they're grabbing at a deal without thinking through the implications. The financiers have no interest in football as anything other than a product (which I have no gripe with, it's what they do and are allowed to do)

Everton is saddened and disappointed to see proposals of a breakaway league pushed forward by six clubs.

Six clubs acting entirely in their own interests.

Six clubs tarnishing the reputation of our league and the game.

Six clubs choosing to disrespect every other club with whom they sit around the Premier League table.

Six clubs taking for granted and even betraying the majority of football supporters across our country and beyond.

At this time of national and international crisis - and a defining period for our game - clubs should be working together collaboratively with the ideals of our game and its supporters uppermost.

Instead, these clubs have been secretly conspiring to break away from a football pyramid that has served them so well.

And in that Pyramid Everton salutes EVERY club, be it Leicester City, Accrington Stanley, Gillingham, Lincoln City, Morecambe, Southend United, Notts County and the rest who have, with their very being, enriched the lives of their supporters throughout the game's history. And vice versa.

The self-proclaimed Super Six appear intent on disenfranchising supporters across the game - including their own - by putting the very structure that underpins the game we love under threat.

The backlash is understandable and deserved – and has to be listened to.

This preposterous arrogance is not wanted anywhere in football outside of the clubs that have drafted this plan.

On behalf of everyone associated with Everton, we respectfully ask that the proposals are immediately withdrawn and that the private meetings and subversive practises that have brought our beautiful game to possibly its lowest ever position in terms of trust end now.

Finally we would ask the owners, chairmen, and Board members of the six clubs to remember the privileged position they hold – not only as custodians of their clubs but also custodians of the game. The responsibility they carry should be taken seriously.

We urge them all to consider what they wish their legacy to be.

Everton FC Board of Directors

Wonder if this is just badly worded?

While the idea that the big six leaving would benefit the game is attractive, sadly I fear this would be the ruin of most clubs.

The premier League would be worth a lot less money without them, losing that income would be the ruin of a club like ours with debts against TV revenue.

The champions League would also be worth a lot less.

Would king power still be interested with less revenue and less potential?

The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition.

The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, Government, UEFA, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue.

The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people.

Look at the rest of what he’s said rather than an isolated tweet ( the Rodgers one)
For those who want to do this and not jump to more conclusions, it was literally attached to the same tweets.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-09-034_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-09-034_com.twitter.android.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-17-591_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-17-591_com.twitter.android.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-29-866_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-20-14-25-29-866_com.twitter.android.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 28
Look at the rest of what he’s said rather than an isolated tweet ( the Rodgers one)
Have you a link to more?

This is all I have (from the Mockery reporting the press conference)...

“I have a good relationship with Susan Whelan and she informs me of what’s happening, but for everyone it came as a surprise in terms of what’s put out there. The level of emotion that has come out. It was news to us all. We need to think logically about what we can do.”

“I’ve got a call with Susan later. I haven’t seen her face to face at Wembley. I’ll have a cup of tea with her later. Leicester are an example of a club where you can challenge the hierarchy and that’s through a sound business model and performing on the pitch. Susan has led the club brilliantly. We’ve seen the progress. Her relationship with Top gives the club a strong foundation. The fans can be grateful that the ownership know it’s about the supporters. Susan leads that connection between the ownership and the club.”

Edit: thanks Matt_B Matt_B our posts crossed. I didn't know you could click on a tweet and see its full, um, history (if that's the word)

For those who want to do this and not jump to more conclusions, it was literally attached to the same tweets.
Good to see Rodgers sees the potential of the FA cup final being seen as the majority of football lovers vs greed.

I still can't shake the feeling that this is still all brinkmanship by the clubs involved and that they wouldn't mind a sweeping "victory" of the footballing world over this concept while they get through yet more concessions in the premier league and uefa to appease them.

I wasn't trying to take it out of context, just the way that tweet was written suggested that maybe the managers knew more than they were letting on, earlier than they're letting on.

But as it goes, I think it's just badly worded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566