Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Blake was taking the piss when he wrote it. Singing it as a national anthem would be embarrassing. Not as embarrassing as sucking off the monarchy or everyone singing slightly out of time of course
How about "I vow to thee, my country"?

How about "I vow to thee, my country"?
Oh I don’t care really, I’d love to never hear GSTQ again. The less Jebus stuff the better I reckon, it’s not really relevant to modern English culture. The Jock one I like, it’s a folk song that actually references history and national identity and there’s no god wank

Oh I don’t care really, I’d love to never hear GSTQ again. The less Jebus stuff the better I reckon, it’s not really relevant to modern English culture. The Jock one I like, it’s a folk song that actually references history and national identity and there’s no god wank
La Marseillaise is great, in my opinion. Nicely gruesome too.

Totally agree. Not sure when they'll be safe to release into the wild though. Or release the young and just let the old die out?
Canada seems to adore them more than we do, we could always deport them there!

Am I the only one not feeling nervous for the final?

Excited, definitely. But nervous, not really.

This team has already far, far exceeded my expectations. I struggled to get into the England games early on and tbh that's because I'd written this team off. I thought we had no chance.

But they've reached the final! Imo that's already a huge success. They've reached a first final in 55 years (and in my lifetime) and we also finally have a team/squad that feels like a team rather than a bunch of individuals or club cliques, and a team you can get behind.

Yes it would obviously be great to now win it, and we might never have a better chance.

But if we don't win, this team is still so young and has so much potential. This team can definitely go again, and has a great chance at future success.

Southgate has been underrated, by myself included. He's made big decisions in this tournament but been brave in making them and seems to have got them right.

We got to the semis in the World Cup, and now the Final in the Euros. If they don't win tonight, they could still go one better again next time out.

So I'm going to try and just enjoy tonight, because being in the final is already fantastic. Pressure off.

I’m not nervous and not particularly excited either. Maybe it’s because in the last five years I’ve seen my club lift the Premier League trophy and the FA Cup, so I don’t *need* to see my country lift a trophy tonight.

Would have been different 5 years ago.

Five defenders and two defensive midfielders

Really going for it….

I’m in a pub in Edinburgh, already been told the bar has to be empty by 10pm due to COVID restrictions, so hopefully all over in 90 minutes

I’m not nervous and not particularly excited either. Maybe it’s because in the last five years I’ve seen my club lift the Premier League trophy and the FA Cup, so I don’t *need* to see my country lift a trophy tonight.

Would have been different 5 years ago.

So very true.

My emotions are nowhere near where they were for the FA Cup Final, and very unlikely to get there.

England are a distant second to me these days, whereas growing up they were my best chance of celebrating a trophy!

Still though, this is a big moment.

I'm looking forward to it. Got my bets on etc.

Absolutely **** all comparison to the FA Cup build up for me personally. Was up early like a kid on Christmas that day. Otherwise normal day today. I've also covered all outcomes with my bets which I'd not have considered on that day.

Come On England!
Please.

That formation isn't as negative as it looks at first sight.

Trippier is in there to free up Walker to attack their weak spot, which is Emerson.

Verratti will have groaned when he saw it. He'll be knocking back the Red Bull as we speak. He's in for a busy night of covering unless Mancini comes up with something unusual.

Could backfire of course if Insigne has a great game & ****s Trippier over. All of which means that Phillips is in for the same sort of night Verratti is. Could just cancel each other out on that side really.

**** it. I've backed the draw in 90 mins.

****ing Sweet Caroline man. Bunch of absolute mongs.

****ing Sweet Caroline man. Bunch of absolute mongs.
Save yourself. Do what i do every game. Turn it on at 7:59. None of the build up bollocks is worth a toss & the teams sheets are online. Nobody needs to know more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566