Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful scenes in Coventry today as B&M announces a massive sale on vape refills and Carling.

Grealish has confirmed he asked to take a penalty, but Southgate picked Saka instead. Strongly suspect the same thing regarding Sterling

What a totally hopeless twat Southgate is
Man City supporting friends have told me that they've seen Stirling take a penalty, and would not have liked to see him take one in the shootout. They're Welsh, so make of that what you will...

Italy adapted and changed to take control. England stayed exactly the same.

Therefore, as the game went on, things that started off looking positive, such as Kane's influence, were gradually muted.

One of the things that has been taking place in coaching over the last couple of years is the teams that change shape throughout matches. Formations in and out of possession differing for example.

Southgate has a great group of players that he leads maturely and postively until he actually needs to compete tactically. Then he's a hopeless mess. Just like Martinez with Belgium.

Kane was good until Italy worked out how to stop him being good. Then he just disappeared from the game. Ultimately, Kane or Sterling never had a sniff of a chance in the match.
Tactics, man management, an eye for a player. No manager has it all. Southgate seems to be fantastic man manager, and I don't know who here would have picked Sagna, Phillips or Shaw ahead of this tournament but I wouldn't have. He needs support with the tactical side, so a tweak to his coaching team rather than wholesale change might be sensible

Seem to have chimichangered a few of his followers.

I'm pretty certain most people, including you, would take an advertiser's cash for something as easy as sending out a tweet.
If I had that many followers, I'd be taking advice from my social media manager and I genuinely wouldn't expect to have anything to do with it. So yes - if my social media manager said "I think this will enhance your image" I probably would.

From a fan's perspective though, it makes Maguire look shit, so that seems like bad management to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566